Read Dem Releases discussion

JULY 2018 l The Wicked Deep > July Book of the Month!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mady (new)

Mady DeJulio | 25 comments Mod
Hi, everyone! Thanks to all of the new members who have joined the group within the last few days. I'm excited to have you on board!

I put up a poll to vote on our first book and didn't get any votes on it but it's okay. I didn't expect to because this club is brand new. I'd let the poll sit longer but July is creeping up on us and I want to give you the chance to either purchase the book or get it from the library in time.

So I went ahead and chose our book for July which will be "The Wicked Deep" by Shea Ernshaw. I've been dying to read this book and I hope those of you who haven't read it are just as excited. Here's a link to the book so you can read the synopsis to find out more about it The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw

How this is going to work is that I will put up a discussion post for every ten chapters of the book. In those threads, we can discuss those specific chapters so that those of you who aren't far along in the book yet can look at the discussions on the early chapters without being spoiled.

Have fun reading! Now I have to go make an announcement video about the club on my YouTube channel so hopefully we'll gain new members. :)

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Martin (kellymartinbooks) | 11 comments Just bought it :)

message 3: by Mady (new)

Kelly wrote: "Just bought it :)"

Great! You're already prepared!

message 4: by Clare (new)

Clare (bubblesnbooks) I already own it, so I'm excited to get into it.

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather | 1 comments I was already planing to read this next month, it will be great to have people to talk about it with

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 1 comments I want to join in the discussions about this book but I have read it already and not that long ago either. I loved it and my daughter hasn't read it yet so I have had no one to talk about it with. I look forward to your book club.

P.S. did you ever read You by Caroline Kepnes? I haven't but I still want to if you haven't read it yet. I joined a 5 month long challenge on Goodreads and while it was a blast it left me reading books that fit the challenges and I never could get You to fit into any of the challenges. That challenge wraps up this week so I will be free to buddy read that book with you if you still want to :) :) :)

message 7: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneyxo) | 1 comments ive been wanting to read this book since it came out, ill deff buy it and read it with you all!

message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Martin (kellymartinbooks) | 11 comments Ohhh! My book came today. It's actually so much prettier in person (and it's beautiful on line).

message 9: by Mady (new)

Susan wrote: "I want to join in the discussions about this book but I have read it already and not that long ago either. I loved it and my daughter hasn't read it yet so I have had no one to talk about it with. ..."

We gotta read that book! Yes I still want to. Let me think about a date and I'll get back to you on that.

Yes still join the discussion! I would love to hear from you.

message 10: by Mady (new)

Sydney wrote: "ive been wanting to read this book since it came out, ill deff buy it and read it with you all!"

Thanks for joining us!

message 11: by Mady (new)

Kelly wrote: "Ohhh! My book came today. It's actually so much prettier in person (and it's beautiful on line)."

That's awesome. My copy is on ebook so I don't have the pretty physical copy :( But it looks beautiful. If I end up liking the book, I'm definitely going to have to get the hardcover.

message 12: by Mady (new)

Ilja wrote: "Will there be a discussion post on the first 5 chapters? I feel like this group will be way too quiet otherwise (and might die)."

Thank you for joining! I'm going to start putting up the discussion posts for all of the chapters because I know some of us have been reading ahead. And I have quite a bit to discuss myself!