Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Paranormal Romance/PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lenna (new)

Lenna  Wright-Berry  (paranormal_lover) | 8 comments Seeking Betas for Roughly over 70,000 words Paranormal romance novel, I've already read this my self and made changes and now I need your help to make this even better, I am dyslexic so words might make sense to me but no one else. So I need grammar, spelling and if an area needs rewriting give me some examples to make it readable. I'm not afraid of constructive criticism as long as you can help me. I've offered help for a few times with my books and I had people never reply back to me nor any help when I did get some feedback. I need you to take this seriously since this story took me a few years to write until I was finish.
If you are selected I want to hear feedback with in a week after I send the file.
When sending me the feedback, changes, etc, I would like the chapter number the whole paragraph with the errors and the changes in (parentheses)

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma Jaye | 145 comments Hi Lenna, it sounds as if you are asking for a copyedit, rather than a free beta read.

Depending on the quality of your writing, 70K could take someone a solid week to do. Perhaps offering to pay will gain more reliable help.

message 3: by Lenna (new)

Lenna  Wright-Berry  (paranormal_lover) | 8 comments Emma wrote: "Hi Lenna, it sounds as if you are asking for a copyedit, rather than a free beta read.

Depending on the quality of your writing, 70K could take someone a solid week to do. Perhaps offering to pay ..."

I don’t expect all the feedback within that time frame I just expect like a chapter or two of feedback to start to come in. As to paying if I had any money coming in, I would consider it but I don’t have it. I’m looking for a second or third pair of eyes to read and let know what changes to make in regards to making it enjoyable to a reader.

message 4: by Martha (new)

Martha | 82 comments If you can get anyone to do this, I'd suggest being more flexible with your requirements. Perhaps rather than the changes in parentheses, you could allow Google Docs or Word's "track changes?" Also decide if you want "changes to make it enjoyable to a reader" (more likely to get an offer) or "grammar, spelling, and rewriting examples" (less likely, unless you reciprocate evenly).

As you have your message written right now, you are asking for a lot without offering anything in return. I completely understand the "short of cash" problem, but there are other options, such as offering to beta in return.

Good luck with your writing. :)