What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA book about domestic abuse where the main character is a girl who works at a candy shop which she meets the boy in as he comes in looking for gummy frogs for his sister.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Keith (sieskitty) | 1 comments I had read an excerpt recently about this book and I can't find where I had read it. From what I remember the book has a three word title (had originally though truly madly deeply but that title brings up a way different book) and I believe it was published in 2018. SPOILER-ESQ: The girl liked to clean the shop her friend handled the counter, and she came up with the idea to get gummy lizards and bite off the tail to make them look like frogs to which the boy replied his sister would know and then left.

message 2: by Mai (last edited Jun 25, 2018 12:19PM) (new)

Mai | 1276 comments Always Forever Maybe by Anica Mrose Rissi. I checked Google Books and the guy asks for "those chewy candy frogs" and says they're for his little sister's birthday because "she's going through a frog phase".
Unless there are more 3-word titled books with a guy looking for gummy frogs this should be it! :-)

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36561 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Always Forever Maybe by Anica Mrose Rissi - Mai's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=yoE... There are different cover images.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40627 comments Mod
Sierra, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Always Forever Maybe (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Anica Mrose Rissi (other topics)