Read Your Face Off Book Club discussion

A Clash of Kings  (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)
This topic is about A Clash of Kings
A Clash of Kings > Prologue - Arya III

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Riley (rileyfickett) | 154 comments Mod
This is the discussion for the Prologue - Arya III chapters in A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin. Please keep discussion to this section of the book. If you have not read this section, beware of spoilers!

To find the page numbers for this section, you can find them on this website.

Andrea (booksandscribbles) | 32 comments Mod
This section has too many kings in it. Some of them need to die or surrender their claims to the crown. Also, that red woman is disturbing.
I found it interesting how both Cersei and Catelyn do not agree with their sons' decisions since becoming kings. I'm still not a fan of either of them. However, I am loving Arya and Tyrion. I want more of their chapters.

message 3: by Maria (new)

Maria Rudebeck | 7 comments I want more of Daenerys chapters. But I like Ayra and Tyrion too. They are my top 3.

Shannon (planetshannon) | 28 comments There are way to many kings! Interesting noticing about Circe and Catelyn - who thought they would have anything in common?

I really enjoy the Arya and Tryion chapters too, Maria!

I'm only milding chiming in as I read the first half of the book last year, and I don't want to accidentally say anything! So excited to be group buddy reading this book (and series!!)

Shannon (planetshannon) | 28 comments Oh, I'm finding it a bit challenging to figure out which is the next discussion thread. It's great to have the reference link (especially with all the page numbers for all the editions), but it's still a bit hard.

Would it be possible to have the threads be numbered? Like:
1. Prologue to Arya III
2. Person I to Name IV
3. Person VI to Name XI
etc?

If not for this time, maybe for the next book? Or maybe it's just me that finds it hard to sort it out! Eep!

message 6: by Maria (new)

Maria Rudebeck | 7 comments I have decided to DNF it. I like the story but I dont like the layout of the books. The font is so small and the pages so big. I feel like I have read a whole book every time I have read one page. At the moment I need to read shorter and faster books.

But I have finally convinced my boyfriend to watch the tv show with me :)

Belle Lumiere (bellelumiere) | 25 comments Mod
I'm finding it hard to follow the chapters/discussion points as well, so I printed out the reference pages for the book and annotated at which point I would need to come in and discuss. I highlight each chapter as I finish it so I know where I'm at. Hopefully this helps in some way Shannon!

I've done myself a bit of a disservice by starting to watch season 1 at the same time as reading the second book in the series, lol. I'm a bit confused as to where I'm at in both points of the story.

It's pretty cool to finally be introduced to Jaqen H'gar - I am really excited to see how his storyline with Arya plays out.

I loved seeing this quote in one of Tyrions chapters - "And oftimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow." So good.

I had put the book down for a while because I was travelling a lot last month, so I have quite a bit to read this month but I think I can do it!

Shannon (planetshannon) | 28 comments That is a great suggestion, Belle! Thank you! I will try that.

Oh my, Season 1 while reading book 2? Eep! That said, I almost did the same thing by reading the graphic novel and Clash of Kings at the same time. Silly hold too took long to come in. I will try the graphic novels once caught up with all the book.s

I really enjoy the Tyrion chapters. He's definitely a character with not only drive, but also wisdom.