What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Ghost Voyages
This topic is about Ghost Voyages
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Youth/Young Adult Book About A Boy and a Magic Stamp. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raevyn (new)

Raevyn Smith | 5 comments Ok so I have been digging and digging for this book and I thought I found it the other day when I heard about an incredibly similar movie but it was a coincidence. The movie was called "Tommy Tricker and the Traveling Stamp"
or something like that. The book I am trying to recall seems to have a similar plot but I haven't seen the movie so here is what I remember about the book.

It's about a young boy, I think hes about 10 or so, and I am fairly certain his grandfather just passed away. His grandfather collected stamps I believe it was, and after he died he left the book full of stamps he had along with a magnifying glass for his grandson to have. His grandson, one day is looking over the stamps with the magnifying glass and he is looking at a particular stamp with a pirate ship on it and then suddenly he is transported into the stamp and onto the pirate ship in the stamp he was looking at. If I remember correctly he experiments with all the other stamps in the book and it works with them aswell. He ends up going on some grand magical adventures through the stamps.

Anyone have any ideas? All my searches are coming up with this tommy tricker movie that doesnt' seem to have any basis on a book from what I could find out.

I myself was about 10 or 11 when I read the book, so i am going to say that was about 20 years ago. I don't know if it was written around that time or not though, I get the feeling it was a more recent book like 80's or later.

thanks in advance

message 2: by Mai (last edited Jun 25, 2018 12:02PM) (new)

Mai | 1276 comments Ghost Voyages by Cora Taylor? According to Wikipedia it was first published in 1992. There are at least 3 books in the series, all with the same name.
Jeremy discovers how to travel back in time to the decks of ships from Canada's past, using the stamps and magnifying glass left to him by his grandfather.
It all started when Jeremy opened that stamp book that his great-grandmother sent. He picked up the magnifying glass for a quick look, and the next thing he knew, he was standing on the deck of the ship! And it wasn't just one stamp that worked, it happened again.
His first trip is to a steamer called The Northcote, which just happens to be in the middle of a battle during the Northwest Rebellion. On his next trip, aboard a ship called The Nonsuch, he's sailing through the icy waters of Hudson Bay.

message 3: by Raevyn (new)

Raevyn Smith | 5 comments OMG I think you might be right! thank you!

message 4: by El (new)

El | 502 comments Ghost Voyages for the click if anyone else is looking for it

message 5: by Raevyn (new)

Raevyn Smith | 5 comments do I mark this as solved now? or does admin do that?

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36601 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Raevyn. The original poster (you) or a moderator can mark requests as Solved. I did this by clicking the small "edit" link beside the header on the desktop website (not the mobile app).