Christian Nonfiction Lovers Book Club discussion

The Publishing World > Questions about Publishing? Ask Our Authors Here!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan, Moderator (last edited Jun 25, 2018 10:45AM) (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Are you a budding author with quick questions about publishing your work? Maybe you're an established author who would like to compare notes with other authors or give back to up-and-comers. Post your questions and comments here. :)

message 2: by David (new)

David Winters | 6 comments As a Christian author of five books, I'd like to hear from readers about where they hear about new books, fiction and non-fiction. Also, how do pastors and Bible study leaders hear about and decide which new books they plan to study next?

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 17 comments Does anyone publish print books using Amazon's tools? If so, what is your feedback. Thanks.

message 4: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments David wrote: "As a Christian author of five books, I'd like to hear from readers about where they hear about new books, fiction and non-fiction. Also, how do pastors and Bible study leaders hear about and decide..."

Hi David,

I browse the top 50 books on Amazon in favorite categories and receive alerts when authors I follow have a new book. I also subscribe to Faithful Reads and BookBub and receive their daily email alerts of when books of interest are on sale.

message 5: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Robert wrote: "Does anyone publish print books using Amazon's tools? If so, what is your feedback. Thanks."

Indie publishing with Amazon (KDP) has been a great experience for me. Of course, formatting cues differ between Kindle and print. They offer templates now to ease that process for print. I learned to my own before the templates were made available, so I haven't used them. But overall, I've found their tutorials to be user-friendly whenever I have a question.

message 6: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Lester Robert wrote: "Does anyone publish print books using Amazon's tools? If so, what is your feedback. Thanks."

I have just published a book in June. I used KDP, IngramSpark, and Barnes and Noble (still in process with them). KDP is by far the easiest to publish with and IngramSpark the worst. KDP has excellent tools especially the plug-in for Word that makes formatting so easy! KDP also gives the best royalties that I have seen.