Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Outlander (Outlander, #1)
This topic is about Outlander
Miscellaneous Book Talk > Outlander on Starz

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new) - added it

Ann (annrumsey) | 14214 comments I discovered that Comcast on Demand already has the first episode of the Outlander TV series on Starz (premiere Aug 9) and just watched it, I was very impressed with the beauty of the settings as it is revealed on film and captivated by how the first part of the book is portrayed.

Melodie (melodieco) | 3589 comments We don't have Starz, but I saw somewhere that you can watch the first episode for free somewhere. I could never get through the book, but might try and watch the show.

message 3: by Ann (last edited Aug 02, 2014 04:31PM) (new) - added it

Ann (annrumsey) | 14214 comments Melodie: Hope you can find it.
The first episode of the show is still in the part of Outlander that I have read up to, and very true to the book as I recall. I need to get back to it, I bogged down a bit while I was first reading it and keep meaning to get back to it.
Of course I am enjoying Game of Thrones on TV without having read those books yet.
Life is too short to miss something good on TV by waiting until I read the book.

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments I also have watched the first episode and I think any Outlander fan will be very pleased!!

Sherry  | 3570 comments Ann wrote: "I discovered that Comcast on Demand already has the first episode of the Outlander TV series on Starz (premiere Aug 9) and just watched it, I was very impressed with the beauty of the settings as i..."

just got home from seattle and am so excited to watch it. glad it was as good as we hoped it would be!

message 6: by Ann (new) - added it

Ann (annrumsey) | 14214 comments Welcome home, Sherry!

Dawn | 1248 comments I watched the first episode and loved it. Love the casting of Jamie! ok and Claire too.

message 8: by Ann (last edited Aug 14, 2014 11:37PM) (new) - added it

Ann (annrumsey) | 14214 comments Dawn: yes, I agree the casting is very well done. I liked it enough to watch it a second time!
Dawn wrote: "I watched the first episode and loved it. Love the casting of Jamie! ok and Claire too."

Dawn | 1248 comments Ann...I watched again today too!

message 10: by LizH (new) - rated it 5 stars

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments I must confess as well, I have watched it 3 times!! Wonder how many times I will watch whichever episode turns out to be my favorite! Maybe the wedding night? Lol!

message 11: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7794 comments Yikes! You people are ADDICTED, LOL!

Sherry  | 3570 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Yikes! You people are ADDICTED, LOL!"

yes, we are- and we are also thrilled to announce that a second season- based on dragonfly in amber- is already in the works!

Donnajo | 3478 comments I've been watching at the shore my bil told me at first to watch it on demand to catch up I had gotten rid if the package that had start at home it wasn't worth paying that much for the amt I watch so he said since they have it to watch at shore or at home when they aren't down there so I finally watched the third and last one so caught up. I forgot how hard it was to understand then and it's harder listening of course than reading. But I'm liking it which usually after reading the book I hate the movie or show.. Maybe since I read it so long ago and forgot stuff. Read it back in the FL years..