What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Fantasy, king chooses job for girls at their birthday, protagonist unexpectedly becomes queen's servant (lady-in-waiting)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kereis (new)

Kereis | 2 comments I think the book was published a few years ago.
The protagonist is a girl whose older sister already works at the palace. On her birthday the king decides where she's going to work, and she unexpectedly becomes the queen's servant. Her mother doesn't like her, everyone expected her to get a simple servants job.
The queen is not happy with her becoming her servant.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36622 comments Mod
Kereis, what are the fantasy elements?

Was the girl called a lady-in-waiting? What is her older sister's job? Is their family poor?

Any romance? Any criminal activities?

message 3: by Kereis (new)

Kereis | 2 comments Yes, she was called a lady-in-waiting. I can't remember her sisters exact job, but I think she was also working at the palace in a higher position. Their family is not poor, but quite rich themselves, and they have somewhat close relations to the royals.

I think there is some romance, but I can't remember who was involved.
There is some criminal activity. The queen is hiding something and scheming against somebody and she's afraid her new servant will find out about her secrets.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36622 comments Mod
Do people have special powers (re: fantasy)? Are there fantastical creatures (e.g., dragons)?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40686 comments Mod
Kereis, are you still looking for this or did you find it?