Challenge Corner discussion

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
This topic is about Throne of Glass
Let's Buddy! - Fantasy/Para > Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas -> Restarting December 22nd, 2020

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 63603 comments Mod
After serving out a year of hard labor in the salt mines of Endovier for her crimes, 18-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien is dragged before the Crown Prince. Prince Dorian offers her her freedom on one condition: she must act as his champion in a competition to find a new royal assassin.

Her opponents are men-thieves and assassins and warriors from across the empire, each sponsored by a member of the king's council. If she beats her opponents in a series of eliminations, she'll serve the kingdom for four years and then be granted her freedom. Celaena finds her training sessions with the captain of the guard, Westfall, challenging and exhilarating. But she's bored stiff by court life. Things get a little more interesting when the prince starts to show interest in her ... but it's the gruff Captain Westfall who seems to understand her best.

Then one of the other contestants turns up dead ... quickly followed by another. Can Celaena figure out who the killer is before she becomes a victim? As the young assassin investigates, her search leads her to discover a greater destiny than she could possibly have imagined.

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 814 comments Chapter 1-11 (view spoiler)

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 814 comments Chapter 12-22 (view spoiler)

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 814 comments Chapter 23-33 (view spoiler)

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 814 comments Chapter 34-44 (view spoiler)

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 814 comments Chapter 45-55 (view spoiler)

message 7: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 24687 comments Mod
**********RESTARTING NOVEMBER 1ST 2019*********

Agne | 1235 comments Question. Is this thread only for Throne of Glass or for whole series?

Agne | 1235 comments After finishing The Assassin's Blade I was excited for the series. And I was hocked from the start.
Chapter 1 -15 (view spoiler)

message 10: by Agne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agne | 1235 comments Chapter 16 - 27 (view spoiler)

message 11: by Agne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agne | 1235 comments Chapter 28 - 33 (view spoiler)

message 12: by Agne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agne | 1235 comments End (view spoiler)

message 13: by Agne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agne | 1235 comments Nari--MedievalPrincess wrote: "@Agnė, [spoilers removed]
What was your rating?"

I can't wait to read more. I like Chaol so much. I'll be starting next book soon. My rating 5 stars. :)

message 14: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (last edited Nov 28, 2020 04:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 63603 comments Mod
**********RESTARTING DECEMBER 22ND 2020*********

◐Devika (lildev) So we start today! I'm so excited to read this book, a lot of people seems to have loved it and I wanna know if it is as good!
You there Aarja? In how many days do you want to finish this? Let's make a not-so-hard schedule

◐Devika (lildev) Let's not make a schedule, because I just realized how hard it is to actually stick to a schedule. Life can get in the way. So let's do what we did for Tweet Cute? Either one of us read some chapters, and the other person will read it till that part on the same day. I didn't read Throne of Glass at all. I will, but I don't think today. I'm waiting for you to reply. Did you read? If so, how much? And do you have any thoughts before starting the book?

◐Devika (lildev) When are you gonna start reading it?

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 294 comments Is it OK for me to join the BR? I am going to start it now and I will label chapters read and put all comments under spoilers.

◐Devika (lildev) Ok, you can join too! :)

Aarja (groovythinker) | 337 comments Devika wrote: "So we start today! I'm so excited to read this book, a lot of people seems to have loved it and I wanna know if it is as good!
You there Aarja? In how many days do you want to finish this? Let's ma..."

Hiii! XD
Maybe until Jan? Because it's in my TBR Knockout list, remember? :)

Aarja (groovythinker) | 337 comments Devika wrote: "Let's not make a schedule, because I just realized how hard it is to actually stick to a schedule. Life can get in the way. So let's do what we did for Tweet Cute? Either one of us read some chapte..."

I didn't start yet... but I will try and start today :)

Aarja (groovythinker) | 337 comments Linda C wrote: "Is it OK for me to join the BR? I am going to start it now and I will label chapters read and put all comments under spoilers."

Sure!

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 294 comments Chapters 1-5 (view spoiler)

Aarja (groovythinker) | 337 comments Hey Devika, I read till Chapter 7! (view spoiler)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 294 comments Chapters 6 - 14 (view spoiler)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 294 comments Chapters 15 - 23 (view spoiler)

message 27: by Linda C (last edited Dec 26, 2020 08:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 294 comments Chapters 24 - 33 (view spoiler)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 294 comments Chapters 34 - 44 (view spoiler)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 294 comments Chapters 45 - end (view spoiler)

Aarja (groovythinker) | 337 comments Nice to read your thoughts! Devika, sorry, I slipped and read the whole thing. But I'll be discussing with you, ofc! :D

◐Devika (lildev) Aarja wrote: "Nice to read your thoughts! Devika, sorry, I slipped and read the whole thing. But I'll be discussing with you, ofc! :D"

😂It is ok, but I have to apologize too. For not responding all these days. I could not read much and I couldn't talk about anything too because I didn't have my laptop at hand(so I couldn't put the spoiler tags). I'm so sorry. Since you both finished reading it anyway, I think I'll go super-slow😂
But I'll finish it on 4th jan
Thank you for staying and agreeing to discuss it :)

Aarja (groovythinker) | 337 comments I'm here! I can't wait to see what you think :D

◐Devika (lildev) Aarja wrote: "Hey Devika, I read till Chapter 7!..."

Hey Aarja, I read till chapter 13! Yeah, I'm excited too! (view spoiler)

Aarja (groovythinker) | 337 comments I won't tell you anything, you have to keep reading!

But yeah, there are 24 people in THG :D

Aarja (groovythinker) | 337 comments Chapter 13: (view spoiler)
58% (I lost count of chapters here): (view spoiler)
finished: (view spoiler)

◐Devika (lildev) 100%(Finished) Hey Aarja, I'm so happy that I finally finished it!(view spoiler)

Aarja (groovythinker) | 337 comments Haha I'm not bored! It's fun reading your thoughts :D
(view spoiler)

◐Devika (lildev) 😊❤
I have picked up the second book, but I haven't gotten too far in it
But I'm so excited!!!