What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Plot = A young girl has to stay with relatives for the summer and finds a mysterious diary of one of her ancestors.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Teebern | 6 comments I read this book back in the late 1970's or early 1980's. The main thing I remember about this book is that I wished I could have the room where this young teenage girl did her reading. It was a round turret with windows on all sides. Around the entire little nook were red velvet cushions, and she would curl up in the sunshine streaming through the windows and read the diary she discovered in a secret panel under the cushions. The diary was one of her ancestors, and the events took place in the very castle where the young girl was staying. I recall the book as being a fabulous read, and I have tried on and off for years to google it and/or research it, but all to no avail.
Does this summary spark a memory for anyone who can help me get to the bottom of this mystery?

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments Do you remember if there were any fantasy elements in the story? For example, ghosts or time travel?

message 4: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Teebern | 6 comments I think the Velvet Room is the book, but I would have to read it to make sure. Thank you both for responding; am considering this one probably resolved.

message 5: by Kris (last edited Jul 02, 2018 09:24AM) (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
Here is the Google Books preview of The Velvet Room by Zilpha Keatley Snyder - Rainbowheart's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=gUy... There are different cover images. What do you think?

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Should we mark this as solved, Teresa?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Velvet Room (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Zilpha Keatley Snyder (other topics)