What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA book about boy who died in a mine

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Lucia So, this is inspired by the Jumping Jack thread. I have a hazy memory of a YA book about a kid moving to a new town, befriending another kid, they get lost in a mine, and as they're finding their way out and eventually are rescued, the one boy - who is now a skeleton clutching onto the other boys ankle - turns out to be a boy who died in a mine cave in years ago, and now this boy has lead the boy to freedom, so his body can finally be put to rest. I can't remember if the live boy knew the other boy was a ghost all along, or just suspected. That's about all I can remember, but I've wanted to find this book for years!

message 3: by Deanne (new)

Deanne Devine | 197 comments Jenny wrote: "The Fate of Jeremy Visick"

Here is a link to another similar WTNOTB post, that ended up being the book Jenny suggested:
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Novel about teenaged boy in mining town, possible ghost story, possible YA novel, from 80's or early 90's

message 4: by Kris (last edited Jul 14, 2018 06:47AM) (new)

Kris | 36595 comments Mod
Kevin, around what year did you read this book? This will help narrow down the search.

Here's the Google Books preview of [The Fate of] Jeremy Visick (1981) by David Wiseman - Jenny & Deanne's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=jGV... There are different cover images.

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Still out there, Kevin?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40658 comments Mod
Kevin left the group. Moving to Abandoned.

message 7: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Aww, too bad. :(