Play Book Tag discussion

Our Souls at Night
This topic is about Our Souls at Night
Archive: Other Books > Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel N. | 1614 comments Addie is a widow in her 70's who gets lonely especially at night. She invites her widowed neighbor Louis to spend the nights with her. This bittersweet tale soon also involves Addie's grandson Jamie. There isn't a lot that happens in this book, it's just a beautifully written book of two people and their lives. I wish Haruf had been able to write more books. I've read Plainsong which I also loved and am looking forward to reading the two other books he wrote.

Susie | 4488 comments What a wonderful writer he was.

message 3: by Book Concierge (last edited Jun 25, 2018 02:36PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6406 comments Rachel N. wrote: "I've read Plainsong which I also loved and am looking forward to reading the two other books he wrote..."

While there are three books in the "Holt" trilogy - Plainsong / Eventide / Benediction -
Haruf has a total of six books to his credit, plus an additional work he authored in partnership with photographer Peter T Brown : West of Last Chance

So you have 5 other works of his to look forward to. Like you, I wish there were more ....

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Yay! I still have The Ties That Bind to read.

message 5: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason Oliver | 2105 comments On my TBR