South Shore Readers discussion

Among the Lesser Gods
This topic is about Among the Lesser Gods
Book Club > Discussion: Among the Lesser Gods

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (last edited Jul 18, 2018 05:39AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 1110 comments Mod
Our July 2018 book is the novel Among the Lesser Gods by Margo Catts. We will be meeting in person to discuss in HINGHAM on the last Sunday in July. You can RSVP for that meeting here:
https://www.goodreads.com/event/show/...

Also, you can post your thoughts about the book here in this discussion thread.

At the July meeting, we will be picking the next book(s) we will be reading.

Here is the author's website: https://margocatts.com/ Looking at her blog, she seems to be a bit of a Bachelor fan. :)

Joanie | 492 comments Mod
Among the Lesser Gods is available as an Ebook through Hoopla!

Oh and her being a Bachelor fan seems right up your alley Denise! No wonder why you picked this one!!

Denise (ribeachgirl) | 127 comments Want to guess where the Hoopla "blackout" zone is in the OCLN? Anyone? Anyone? Yup, it's Canton.

Also - did you know that my former coworker Jean Blanc is a contestant on the Bachelor this season? He doesn't win, according to TMZ, but he made it through several episodes.

Jean Blanc went out after making a bad impression. Told her on like the 3rd or 4th episode after no solo dates that he thought he was “starting to fall in love” with her. That freaked her out a bit since she barely knew him and said she was going to have to ask him to leave. He flip flopped and told her he only said he was falling in love because he thought that’s what she wanted to hear but that he wasn’t really falling in love. That made her mad so buh-bye.

Yes, I sometimes watch trashy reality TV as a guilty pleasure. 😊

NOTE; the location has been changed to Legal C at Derby St in Hingham. The event has been updated with the new info.

message 6: by Eric (new) - added it

Eric Li | 45 comments About 40% done, not sure if I can finish this book in time.
Nothing wrong with the book, I think the story is mildly interesting and there are witty lines here and there. But I feel that in order to motivate me to finish a book in a short time, it usually check one of these two boxes:
1) It is a fast-paced page-turner so I'm willing to finish it with the help of a flashlight or 2) it is available in multiple formats so I can read when I'm driving or attending to my kid.
Unfortunately, this book does neither :(

I am about 1/2 way through and hoping that I finish it in time for book club on Sunday. So far, I am enjoying it and actually making my way through it pretty quickly.

It reminds me of another book and I can't quite put my finger on which one. It is starting to drive me a little nuts.