Hooray for Books and Reading discussion

An Irish Country Doctor > 8. Home Visits by Doctors.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol  Jones-Campbell (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
8. Were there any home visits that the doctor(s) made that were very enjoyable for you to read?

message 2: by Pam (new)

Pam | 218 comments Already mentioned-Farthington’s, 😂 His watchful eye over Sonnie, the baby delivery that helped Barry think he may want to pursue that expertise.

message 3: by M.E. (new)

M.E. Hembroff (mhembroff) | 93 comments I especially liked Dr. O'Reilly's dedication to his patients. It is refreshing to read about his home visits in a time when there aren't many if any doctors who make house calls.

message 4: by Carol (new)

It appears we like the same ones. I loved the one with the urine tests. I laughed and laughed. And then the baby delivery that Barry did while the others were washing up. I thought that was so fun. Thought a lot about my niece during that time.

message 5: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 522 comments Just that fact that the doctors made home visits was so crazy!

message 6: by Pam (new)

Pam | 218 comments Another experience that I loved was at the party when Seamus gave Barry the box of fly fishing flies, very tender! I thought two things -
- We never really know the effect we have on others
- I have a cousin who makes and sells these flies, they are difficult to make and VERY time consuming. Our lazy, hard drinking, not so responsible Seamus did that!

message 7: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments The appendix one rang true to me with little Jeanine because my appendix burst (cough... doctor mistakes...), so that one hit home for me.

message 8: by Barb (new)

Barb (deckerbunch) | 227 comments When I was a small child, our doctor made visits to our home. I hadn't thought about that in years. Other than the inevitable penicillin shots that came with the visits (or was it B12), I am flooded with fond memories of him.

message 9: by Carol (new)

Barb, I remember the home visits by the doctors. Made us feel kind of special!!!