Hooray for Books and Reading discussion

An Irish Country Doctor > 5. O'Reilly & Kinky working/living together.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol  Jones-Campbell (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
5. An Irish Country Doctor portrays two people who each lost their partner long ago, and who have now platonically shared a home and a life for decades. What do you think makes O’Reilly and Kinky such good colleagues in the running of his practice and his day-to-day life? How do they play off one another’s temperament? At any point in the story, did you wonder why they had never fallen in love with one another? Why has each remained single for so long?

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol  Jones-Campbell (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
I really liked the way that Kinky and O'Reilly worked together. They were a good fit and they complimented each other very well. As far as falling in love with each other, to me that didn't seem like a good match, but their working arrangement is wonderful!

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 522 comments I wondered if something romantic (or even a marriage of convenience situation) was going to come of that relationship. Maybe they're better off as they are, but it seems like they get along and could help each other if they were married. Was Kinky about his age? I can't remember if they ever said - maybe she was quite a bit older??

message 4: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments Never once thought of a romance between them. They seemed to need each other in other ways and worked better as coworkers.

message 5: by Barb (new)

Barb (deckerbunch) | 227 comments A romance between them never even crossed my mind. I pictured her more like "Alice" in the Brady Bunch.