What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Guy and girl go on a road trip after graduation (I think) YA Book. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 3 comments Spoiler ahead: Guy and girl go on a road trip I think after they graduate, but they aren’t necessarily friends at this point. I believe the guy had been planning the trip but the girl made a spur of the moment decision to go because she was panicking about her future. As the road trip continues we find out the boy is sick. There’s a scene where she dreams of his death near the end but they continue the road trip. At the end we find out the boy actually had cancer, I think, and he passes away.

message 2: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 3 comments I read this book maybe 7-10 years ago

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36527 comments Mod
Where the Road Takes Me by Jay McLean turned up while searching, but it looks too recent.

Ashlyn, can you tell us more about the boy and girl - where are they heading to, did they graduate from high school or college, grow up in the same city/town, their skills/interests/future plans or jobs, etc.?

message 4: by ssetayf (new)

ssetayf ssetayf | 42 comments I think you are looking this book J.A. Redmerski by The Edge of Never

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36527 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski - ssetayf's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=2xr...

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40625 comments Mod
Ashlyn, are you still looking for this or did you find it?