What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Bannerman Solution (Bannerman #1)
This topic is about The Bannerman Solution
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Drama / Mystery. A tough detective keeps getting clues from his dead partner, via conversations in his head with the partner he misses. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Teebern | 6 comments If I recall correctly, there was a whole series of books about this cop. I am almost positive I read them in the 1980's and 1990's. The detective (named Frank Lesko or something maybe?) loses his partner and cannot get over the trauma. He starts hearing his dead partner in his head, giving him clues to the cases he's trying to solve. He winds up coming to a room where a shootout happens between rival drug factions, and the only person left alive in the room when the smoke clears is the head of a South American drug cartel. It seems her name is Lena, and she's an older, very classy, dignified woman with whom the detective falls in love.
Can anyone help me discover the name of this series of books or the author who penned them?

message 2: by Ayshe (last edited Jun 25, 2018 03:32AM) (new)

Ayshe | 4326 comments The Bannerman Solution maybe? Reviewer mentions conversations with dead partner: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Edit: Reviewer on amazon mentions Ray Lesko appearing in all the Bannerman books: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-...

message 3: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Teebern | 6 comments I have some of those Bannerman books here in my library. I'll go check those out and see if that's the series I'm remembering. Thanks so much for the help! Here's hoping I have good luck!!

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4326 comments You're welcome. Let us know if the search is over or not.

message 5: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Teebern | 6 comments Yes, the Bannerman books are the ones for which I was searching. Thank you so much for the help. Consider this one resolved!