Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (Buddy Reads) > July Buddy Read - How to Bang a Billionaire (Bianca, kuhi)

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 8283 comments July Buddy Read

message 2: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (alwaysbringbooks) Hi kuhi!

I saw that you read m/m. Would you want to read a paranormal or contemporary m/m novel? I'm down for either. Here are some suggestions:

How to Howl at the Moon (Howl At The Moon #1) by Eli Easton

Widdershins (Whyborne & Griffin, #1) by Jordan L. Hawk

Riven (Riven, #1) by Roan Parrish

How to Bang a Billionaire (Arden St. Ives, #1) by Alexis Hall

What do you think?

message 3: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (alwaysbringbooks) Here's another I think sounds interesting.

Cronin's Key (Cronin's Key, #1) by N.R. Walker

message 4: by kuhi (last edited Jul 03, 2018 05:30AM) (new)

kuhi | 10 comments Hi Bianca!

I do not read m/m as such. But yeah i wanted to try it this month, so I am fine with either of the choices.

How to Bang a Billionaire (Arden St. Ives, #1) by Alexis Hall sounds interesting. What do you say?

message 5: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (alwaysbringbooks) That's cool that you want to give it a shot! There's some great stuff out there (and some not so great, as with anything else).

Alexis Hall is a really good writer. I've read a few of his other books so I'm definitely down to read How to Bang a Billionaire.

message 6: by kuhi (new)

kuhi | 10 comments Let's read it then.

message 7: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (alwaysbringbooks) Ok!

Do you want to start on the first or after the first?

Also, do you want to discuss as we read or after we've finished reading?

message 8: by kuhi (new)

kuhi | 10 comments Can we start after 7th? I've my college allotment scheduled in the first week of july.
I am ok with either. What do you say?

message 9: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (alwaysbringbooks) Absolutely!

How about discussing as we read? With no spoilers, of course. :)

message 10: by kuhi (new)

kuhi | 10 comments Sure!!

message 11: by kuhi (new)

kuhi | 10 comments Hey! What do you say about deciding a start date? I am free now.

message 12: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (alwaysbringbooks) kuhi wrote: "Hey! What do you say about deciding a start date? I am free now."

How about tomorrow, the 6th? I'll have much more time then.

message 13: by kuhi (new)

kuhi | 10 comments Yeah today is fine.

message 14: by kuhi (new)

kuhi | 10 comments I have a feeling that this book is going to unfold like fifty shades. I started yesterday. This feels strikingly similar.

message 15: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (alwaysbringbooks) kuhi wrote: "I have a feeling that this book is going to unfold like fifty shades. I started yesterday. This feels strikingly similar."

Yeah, I think it's the author's answer to Fifty Shades. I've never read Fifty Shades, but I do like Arden so far. Not sure about Caspian yet. He's so serious.

message 16: by kuhi (new)

kuhi | 10 comments Yeah. Arden is that lucky-go person but Caspian looks like a complicated character. I read where they have phone sex yesterday.

message 17: by kuhi (new)

kuhi | 10 comments book finished!

message 18: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (alwaysbringbooks) kuhi wrote: "book finished!"

Nice! What'd you think?

I'm almost done, and I have to say I don't think it's Alexis Hall's best. My favorite of his is probably Looking for Group which is YA. I love it.

message 19: by kuhi (new)

kuhi | 10 comments yeah. I mean I haven't read any of his books except this one but I didn't like it as such. The book was fine but not interesting. It was way too predictable.

message 20: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (alwaysbringbooks) kuhi wrote: "yeah. I mean I haven't read any of his books except this one but I didn't like it as such. The book was fine but not interesting. It was way too predictable."

Aw I'm sorry it wasn't interesting for you.

message 21: by kuhi (new)

kuhi | 10 comments not your fault :).
maybe we can read some other book together