Who's Your Author? discussion

Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1)
This topic is about Some Girls Bite
Archives 2014 > August BOM: Some Girls Bite

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments The August BOM is Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill

They killed me. They healed me. They changed me.

Sure, the life of a graduate student wasn’t exactly glamorous, but I was doing fine until Chicago’s vampires announced their existence to the world. When a rogue vampire attacked me, I was lucky he only got a sip. Another bloodsucker scared him off and decided the best way to save my life was to make me the walking undead.

Now I’ve traded sweating over my thesis for learning to fit in at a Hyde Park mansion full of vamps loyal to Ethan “Lord o’ the Manor” Sullivan. Of course, as a tall, green-eyed,
four-hundred-year-old vampire, he has centuries’ worth of charm, but unfortunately he expects my gratitude—and servitude. Right…

But someone’s out to get me. Is it the rogue vampire who bit me? A vamp from a rival House? An angry mob bearing torches?

My initiation into Chicago’s nightlife may be the first skirmish in a war—and there will be blood

This book takes us back to the beginning :-)
If you have not read it let us know what you think and for you loyal followers let us know what made you fall in love with this book.
Please be kind and don't post spoilers beyond this book. Thanks!

message 2: by Brenda (new) - added it

Brenda Walker | 70 comments Oh I cant wait to read this one!'

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I liked this book in a large part due to Merit. I loved how down to earth she was, ready with a finger for her family for their money over people attitude, except for Gramps. The relationship that they had was very sweet. I also loved Mallory and wish that there was a way for them to stay roommates, I think they seem to balance each other out.

I can't wait to learn more about the vamp politics and the structure of this world. I do think there is more to what happened with Merit's change and look forward to see what happened there. Maybe that had something to due with the weird pull between her and Ethan. I don't really care for him and do believe that he will always put politics and a way to get ahead before anything else. I wasn't sure what to think of Morgan, but by the end I am hoping for good things there.

The other supernatural people, especially Jeff and the shifters, and Catcher and the magic people will be interesting to see what happens there. I also don't think that we have heard the last of the rogues.

message 4: by Tina (last edited Aug 30, 2014 11:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tina Bartz | 595 comments I finally got to read this! I started reading it Friday and finished it Saturday. I really enjoyed it.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Some Girls Bite (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Chloe Neill (other topics)