What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult Fiction, protagonist plays piano, cover is sheet music with yellow splotches [s]

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Year read or published? Children's, YA, or adult?

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6980 comments Mod
When was it set--historical period (if this, do you remember what one) modern. What kind of musician was he?

message 3: by Tesh (new)

Tesh | 66 comments I remember a book, YA, published within the last 5-10 years about a girl (pianist or musician) who was in love with a german boy. I never read it, but I think the cover had sheet music with some yellow on it. I never read it, but while trying to find it, I found this: The Pianist one of the other edition has this cover: El Pianista del Gueto de Varsovia I will keep looking for the book I was thinking of.

message 4: by Tesh (new)

Tesh | 66 comments I looked in my to-read list and found the book I was first thinking of: The Wrong Boy
The girl is a pianist and there is a 'splodge' of yellow on the cover.

message 5: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) | 109 comments Probably not the book, but it's worth a look. Sheet Music: A Rock 'N' Roll Love Story

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Theres, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Bumping since Chloe posted recently.

message 8: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4843 comments What country were you in when you read this book?

message 9: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1200 comments Not an exact match on any given point, but maybe kind of close? The Page Turner by David Leavitt

message 10: by Adele (last edited Dec 20, 2017 12:44PM) (new)

Adele | 1200 comments I just saw there is also this edition which does look like it has splotches of yellow highlighter on it: The Page Turner by David Leavitt

Here's a better picture of the cover: https://www.abebooks.com/978039575285...

message 11: by Adele (last edited Dec 20, 2017 02:42PM) (new)

Adele | 1200 comments yay!

Fun fact - you have the distinction of being the OP on my 100th confirmed find in this group! :-D

found-for-others

message 12: by Rod (new)

Rod Brown (rodbrown) | 4 comments Congratulations, Adele!

Adele wrote: "yay!

Fun fact - you have the distinction of being the OP on my 100th confirmed find in this group! :-D

found-for-others"

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Yay.

I read a book by this guy's boyfriend/lover/husband a few years back, about piano virtuosi. A fun read, but full of B.S.