The Post Card Exchange discussion

The Met: Heavenly Bodies - Fashion & the Catholic Imagination

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan (ReadingRover) | 95 comments Last week my mom had a friend visiting from out of town and they went into NYC to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to see the Heavenly Bodies: Fashion & the Catholic Imagination exhibit. They absolutely loved it and said the designs were amazing. They were also kind enough to pick me up a package of postcards. I have 14 postcards showcasing the gorgeous and unusual designs in this exhibit. Please post a comment and message me if you’re interested.

message 2: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 222 comments I'd love one. I'll send one back as well. Sending you a PM.

message 3: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 9 comments Again, such a cool offer; yes please :-)

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauravee) | 5 comments Wow I’d absolutely love one of these! Sending you a PM

message 5: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 226 comments I'd love to have one. I will mail you one in return. I'm very intrigued by this!

message 6: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 91 comments I would love to do a swap!

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan (ReadingRover) | 95 comments Got all your msgs!

message 8: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Morford | 25 comments Greetings Megan! I’d love a post card from this collection! I’ll pm you my addy!

message 9: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 226 comments Got you msg as well.

message 10: by Ramona (new)

Ramona | 15 comments If there's any more available I would love one too ❤️

message 11: by Tia Marie (new)

Tia Marie (tiamarienededog) | 170 comments Thank you for sharing these. If there are still some available, I would like one. I’ll send you a PM.

message 12: by Angie (new)

Angie (15angie27) | 102 comments I'd love one!

message 13: by Ying-Yao (new)

Ying-Yao Chen | 76 comments Ⅰ would love one. Thank you.

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan (ReadingRover) | 95 comments I have 5 left!

message 15: by Carol (new)

Carol (carol_humboldt) | 90 comments I would love to have one! Message me your address, and I'll send you something as well...

message 16: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis I would like to swap with you!

message 17: by Megan (new)

Megan (ReadingRover) | 95 comments Thanks everyone! All the postcards are now spoken for. I’m a bit delayed and they’re all going out today. Thanks so much to everyone who already sent one in return because you guys are awesome and so much more timely than I am. If you’d like I’ll hang on to you’re addresses and periodically send out a postcard when I get a cool set. Also I’ll be posting another thread for another set I have so be on the lookout. Thanks again. I hope you like them. Sorry so late again! I’m a bit of a spazz!

message 18: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 9 comments Megan, you're awesome ;-) Thank you :-). I'm also a touch spazzy and you will be getting your's in the mail real soon (I'm aiming for Monday as we have no postal service over the weekend). Thanks for being such a generous giving spirit :-)

message 19: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 226 comments That would be great Megan. Thank you!

message 20: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 226 comments I got my card today. The dress was lovely and interesting. Kinda looks like the green man on it but I guess he’s supposed to be a devil. Oh well, I still think it’s pretty 😍

message 21: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 91 comments I got my card today! The dress is amazing and that exhibit looks like it would be so much fun. Thank you for the card!

message 22: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis I got my beautiful card today too! Thank you Megan!

message 23: by Megan (new)

Megan (ReadingRover) | 95 comments Trisha wrote: "Beautiful! I really dig it... What type of performance is it?"

It’s not a performance. It’s more of an art exhibit for fashion. Here is a link to the official website. You can check out the overview and read some more about it. https://www.metmuseum.org/exhibitions...

message 24: by Megan (new)

Megan (ReadingRover) | 95 comments Latasha wrote: "I got my card today. The dress was lovely and interesting. Kinda looks like the green man on it but I guess he’s supposed to be a devil. Oh well, I still think it’s pretty 😍"

I’m glad you like it. Some of the dresses are very elegant, others are strange, some are conservative and religious and others are completely unique.

message 25: by Ying-Yao (new)

Ying-Yao Chen | 76 comments Dear Megan,
I got the postcard yesterday. It’s so beautiful.
Wearing such clothes will definitely feel happy and blessed.
I love it.
Best Wishes,
Ying Yao