New Romance Novelists & Readers discussion

Introducing Myself

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen Gordon | 2 comments Hi Memphis Romance readers. There are so many groups on Goodreads that I just found you tonight.
I'm an Indie author with one current NA romance novel and another due out in October (fingers crossed!) I'm also a romance reader (funny how that goes together). I would love to get to know more people interested in Romance books in the area. So ... Hello.

message 2: by Shun (new)

Shun Givens (ShunGivens) | 7 comments Mod
Hello Karen, great meeting you. I'm a romance reader. I've also written a romance story. I haven't published yet. Looking forward to getting to know you.

message 3: by Shun (new)

Oh, forgot to mention I created this group. Sorry I'm just responding to you. I'm glad you found this group!

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela (ladiromance) | 3 comments Hello my fellow romance writers and readers. Thank you, Shun for the invite. I have one novella published, The Passionate Imposter and I'm currently working on a novel.

The Passionate Imposter by Angela Amos

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen Gordon | 2 comments Yea, more Memphis people. Hi Angela.

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela (ladiromance) | 3 comments Hi Karen

message 7: by Shun (new)

Hi Karen! Welcome to the group. Thx for sharing.

message 8: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Wood (kdwoodauthor) | 9 comments Hi! I'm new, from Hernando, MS. Do you guys just meet online to talk about your reads or do you do lunch or dinner meet ups?

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan Vizzini-gordon | 7 comments HI all! I'm Megan and i'm new too!! just signed to have my first novel published!! although I'm not in your area I'd still love to chat and get to know everyone!!

message 10: by Angela (new)

Angela (ladiromance) | 3 comments Hi KD and Megan, welcome to the group and congrats Megan on your 1st novel! Let us know details when you have them so we can check it out.

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan Vizzini-gordon | 7 comments I will deff do that!! So what's everyone working on or reading? are you guys on facebook or twitter? I'd love to friend and follow you guys!

message 12: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Wood (kdwoodauthor) | 9 comments Nice to meet you Angela and Megan!

message 13: by Megan (new)

Megan Vizzini-gordon | 7 comments so how is everyone doing today? it's raining here, and that usually makes for good writing but I got one sick little girl, snuggled up on the couch watching nick jr. I just finished writing my second novel on Friday, and now I'm itching to start another one, I'm just having a bit of writers block at the moment.

message 14: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Wood (kdwoodauthor) | 9 comments It's very cold but sunny out here today. We had a little dusting of snow this morning the kids were willing to be heavier LOL! But thankfully school is in. That's me on the personal side. On the work side, my debut came out from Blue Tulip Publishing on 11/11.

http://www.amazon.com/Unwilling-K-D-W...

It's part of a three book series so that's also what I'm busy with, getting that next book ready to go to the publisher.

What are you guys reading?

message 15: by Megan (new)

Megan Vizzini-gordon | 7 comments That's so exciting! right now I just finished reading RL mathewson's latest book, it came out on Halloween. and I'm stuck on the second outlander book. this one is so political and a little boring but I know it pick s up I just have to get through this part. other than that I'm kind of in the market for something new to read, I'll check yours out K.D.! otherwise I was going to go back and re-read some of my favs.

message 16: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Wood (kdwoodauthor) | 9 comments Cool thanks so much and I hope you enjoy the story :) I am listening to all the Outlander books LOVE THEM SO HARD <3 JAMIE!!!! I am on Fiery Cross. I'm not sure I could have actually eyeball read them but I am very much enjoying the audio books. Narrator is great with the voices.

message 17: by Megan (new)

Megan Vizzini-gordon | 7 comments I have a friend that's doing the same while she drives to work. have you seen the tv show on starz....OMG!!! I'm planning a trip to the next comic con just so I can sit for their panel and be in the same room as Jamie!

message 18: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Wood (kdwoodauthor) | 9 comments YES, the show. OMG the show. I have no good words for how perfect Sam is as Jamie.

message 19: by Megan (new)

Megan Vizzini-gordon | 7 comments I know!! april can't come soon enough!!! That's going to be the best part about spring Outlander returns and so does Game of Thrones! So there's hope for the second half of the dragon fly in amber? I'm at the part where they are in france and having the dinner parties and all they French high society and you find out black jack has a brother. I just want it to get more exciting!

message 20: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Wood (kdwoodauthor) | 9 comments Yes, I can't wait for April! I have rewatched the first season so much I could quote it.
All I can say is invest in you some tissues, that book will break ALL your feels.

message 21: by Megan (new)

Megan Vizzini-gordon | 7 comments I think I watched the wedding episode at least 5 times.... alright I'm getting back to it today, I gotta see what happens! do you think they are going to ask tobias to play the brother too? I watched a interview on starz and he was joking about it but you never know, he's such a good actor.

message 22: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Wood (kdwoodauthor) | 9 comments Ohhhhh, I don't know but that would be juicy!

message 23: by Shun (new)

Hello, hope everyone has a safe and happy Easter!

message 24: by Regina (new)

Regina McKinley | 1 comments Hi All,

I'm so glad I found this group. I have been working on a Historical Romance series and just self-published the first novel of the set.