Eleanor & Park Eleanor & Park discussion

Predictions

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So, I finished the book a while ago and I cannot stop thinking about what could happen next, if Rowell had continued the book.
Does anyone have any predictions whatsoever? Like what ended up happening to Eleanor's family? And did Park and Eleanor ever meet up again? Did Eleanor ever see Richie again? I'm really curious to see what others have in mind.

Marifer Aldrete I think is necessary that Rainbow Rowell publish a second part. I have a lot of questions and the ending made me miserable.

Khristina Chess First, I think you have to make some assumptions about what the three words on the postcard might have been. I've been assuming that they were "I love you." In that world, then I would predict that Eleanor and Park would find a way to get together again. That was my beautiful hope at the end of the novel. :)

As far as Eleanor's family, I think her mother was too weak to leave Richie. She stayed with him but at least gave Eleanor the kindness of letting her stay away. I do imagine that Eleanor would contact her mother eventually, if for no other reason than because of her concern and love for her younger siblings.

Of course, there could be other endings that are really awful...

Eliza I want them to get back together, but I want it to be forever and not just a first love that ends in high school or college. Because of that, they may have to wait a little longer.

I wonder at the postcard. She could've said, "I love you," or, "I miss you," "I need you," or even, "I'm coming home." I like all of those options.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Eliza wrote: "I want them to get back together, but I want it to be forever and not just a first love that ends in high school or college. Because of that, they may have to wait a little longer.

I wonder at th..."

I've always assumed that it said "I love you" but I never thought of the possibility of the postcard saying "I'm coming home". I'm going with that option from now on though because it makes me smile the most.