The Fandom discussion

unpopular opinions > Book couples you didn't ship

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylainbookland) | 120 comments Mod
Comment the couples you really didn't want to happen or didn't ship!

(These can be endgame or non endgame)

message 2: by Kayla (new)

The first couple that just was not my favrouite was Kelsey and Ren from Tiger's Curse. I love this series so much but the fact that I didn't ship this couple was because I thought Kelsey and Kishan had so much more chemistry.

The next one is Ash and Meghan from The Iron King. Puck is my favrouite and my heart broke for him when Meghan and Ash were in his face all the time. I also thought that they didnt have chemistry either.

So it's not like that is a very unpopular opinion but most people will disagree with me. Mare and Cal from Red Queen annoyed the hell out of me. I'm a mareven shipper and I'm kinda guilty about that but even if Maven wasn't in the picture, I just thought the couple was really bad.

Lincoln and Violet from Embrace were just really not my cup of tea. I have a thing for bad boys and so I'm 100% team Phoenix like there is no other ship in this series that meant a thing to me except Violet and Phoenix.

Now it's not like I hate the couple but Elias and Laia from An Ember in the Ashes are just not a good couple for me. I love Helene with all my heart and I don't care if she gets with Elias or not. I just don't like Laia and Elias together because it's not even like they have chemistry. More important things happened in this series for me to care about these two's relationship.

Now I'm not the only one but I will be angry if Lucien and Elain end up together. Overall I still hate the "Mate" thing. I just hate the whole we are destined to be together trope, I love couples that come together on their own which was why I would prefer if Rhysand and Feyre met that kinda way.
Anyway Azriel and Elain should be endgame, if they're not I'm not gonna lie I will cry.

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) I don't ship Aelin and Rowan from Throne of Glass, for me it's just too similar to Feyre and Rhysand (btw I agree about that mate thing). U haven't read Empire of Storms yet but I don't think it will change my mind on that couple.

Also I didn't ship Kaz and Inej, at least not until the very end. I thought it was cliché since they're kind of the male and female main character. I used to ship Inej with Jesper in Six of Crows, even though in the end, I thought Jesper x Wylan were perfect!

message 4: by Kayla (new)

⭐Anni⭐ wrote: "I don't ship Aelin and Rowan from Throne of Glass, for me it's just too similar to Feyre and Rhysand (btw I agree about that mate thing). U haven't read Empire of Storms yet but I don't think it wi..."

I don't really like Aelin and Rowan either, tbh I'm always Dorian and Aelin/Cealena trash.

message 5: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Marie | 2 comments Oh yeah, I don't ship Rowan and Aelin either. I was a Dorian and Celaena shipper too-he gave her a puppy, like how can you not ship them lol. But I do like Dorian and Manon together.

I used to ship Cal and Mare but by the time they were together in King's Cage, I was over it.

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) I ship Celaena and Chaol, but it really is a hard decision to make 😅

message 7: by Kayla (new)

Jasmine wrote: "Oh yeah, I don't ship Rowan and Aelin either. I was a Dorian and Celaena shipper too-he gave her a puppy, like how can you not ship them lol. But I do like Dorian and Manon together.

I used to shi..."

Yeah I couldn't care less about Cal and Mare.

message 8: by Kayla (new)

⭐Anni⭐ wrote: "I ship Celaena and Chaol, but it really is a hard decision to make 😅"

I liked Chaol too, unpopular opinion but I liked how the series was before they added fae. Just like the original trio- Celeaena, Dorian and Chaol

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) @Kayla Yeah me too! I like Aelin too and everything that's happening, but I think I liked the first two books best so far.

message 10: by Procrastinating (new)

Procrastinating Slytherin (queene19) Though it’s been a while since I read it and then DNF the rest of the series I vividly remember disliking the romance in the Red Queen.

And without hard feelings to all of you that love it, I am don’t even feel comfortable with calling “romance” the relationship between Cardan and Jude in The Cruel Prince. It’s not that they lack sexual tension-by all means- but their dynamic is repulsively toxic for my taste.

I agree about Rowaelin though. To me, Dorian will always be my baby, though I must admit I am quite content with how things turned out for him. You’ll see ;)

message 11: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Kieckhefer | 2 comments I really really really did not ship Teresa and Thomas in The Maze Runner series. They just did not work well together. I really was not a fan of her character. She just kinda seemed to be a traitor that was a damsel in distress. If that makes sense.

That doesn’t mean that I did ship Brenda and Thomas. I just didn’t like the female characters in this series.

message 12: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Victoria wrote: "I really really really did not ship Teresa and Thomas in The Maze Runner series. They just did not work well together. I really was not a fan of her character. She just kinda seemed to be a traitor..."

Agreed. I loved to hate Brenda but I despised Teresa.

message 13: by Althea ☾ (new)

Althea ☾ (themoonwholistens) same, I really did not ship Mare and Cal :,( I just didn’t feel their chemistry

message 14: by Trekkie (new)

Trekkie | 1 comments Four and Tris. They had nothing in common and all they ever did was make out