Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and Readers discussion

Opportunities! > Promote your book in our summer event!

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kay (last edited Jul 27, 2018 05:28AM) (new)

Kay | 158 comments Hey guys Erica and I are putting together a Summer event, here are the details-

Exciting news…
We’re all going on a Summer Blog-a-day!

Throughout August we’re going to be holding a new event packed with summer reading fun. Each day we’ll be visiting a different blog that has a free short story for you to read to get a taste of a new author’s work or see more from an author you already love. This is the ultimate way to find your next poolside read. We also have giveaways and other surprises too!

If you’re an author that would like to sign up as one of the Summer Blog-a-day stops, please contact Kayleigh MacLeod or Erica Graham. You can use a previously published short story, but it would be fantastic if we got an exclusive from you. The story can be a stand-alone piece, an addition to one of your novels, or about a real-life incident. Or you can post an excerpt from a published book or a WIP. You can add links to your books and social media at the end of your post, and a giveaway would be awesome but isn’t mandatory.

Bloggers, we would love some of you guys to do a post with your recommended summer reads too. Maybe 3-5 suggestions with a little bit about why you love each one, and of course you can add your own links and do a giveaway if you want!

All posts will be on your own blogs, but there will be a list up on the landing page at http://kaymacleodbooks.com/summer-blo... so people can find the daily stops and any other information about the event.

If you have any questions or want to take part please ask me or Erica Graham!

message 2: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Oooo I would love to be a part of this! ^^

message 3: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Awesome, what day would you like? We have August 1-5, 7-12, 14-26, 28, and 30

message 4: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments I think August 5th would be great. And if there any issues, I'll let you know. And I hope you don't mind asking or think that it's stupid, but is using your goodreads blog ok?

message 5: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments The 5th is perfect, and yes, you can use your Goodreads blog!

message 6: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Kay wrote: "The 5th is perfect, and yes, you can use your Goodreads blog!"

Ok, so how does it work? You will share my blog post on every social media?

message 7: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Yep, everyone involved will post about the event. And it will be in the Navigating Indieworld Facebook group too.

message 8: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 246 comments I can’t do this one I’m afraid. I’m away for the first two weeks in August and when I’m back I’ll have the post holiday annual struggle to rebuild my business.

message 9: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments No problem, you deserve the break! If you do want to take part though you could always schedule a post before you go and just let me know which day it will go up?

message 10: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 246 comments I’ll try to share some things when I get back.

message 11: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments That would be great, thanks :) do you want me to put you down for one of the days? It doesn’t matter if you can’t do much sharing etc, it would be awesome just to have you!

message 12: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 246 comments No thank you. At the moment I can’t commit to anything. I’m juggling a few things I wish I had more energy for lol!

message 13: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Ok, great. I'm gonna make sure to get it started. I have a perfect short story to write for my blog! ^-^

message 14: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 194 comments I would love to this! I have just finished a summer short story.

message 15: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham (erica_graham) | 268 comments We still have openings for this event! Please let me or Kay know if you would like to participate. :)

message 16: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham (erica_graham) | 268 comments Update: we are now allowing authors to post a short excerpt from your book if you are unable to write a short story in time for the event. This is a great opportunity to draw new visitors to your blog!

message 17: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Adams | 3 comments I've never done a blog tour before, but I'd like to give it a try if you have any dates left for me. I would be using my goodreads blog.

message 18: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments A Goodreads blog is absolutely fine, Jessica! I hope you'll love the event :D
Can I put you down for August 17th?

message 19: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Adams | 3 comments Kay wrote: "A Goodreads blog is absolutely fine, Jessica! I hope you'll love the event :D
Can I put you down for August 17th?"

O.k. August 17th sounds good to me, thanks!

message 20: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Perfect! You're all booked in :D

message 21: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Adams | 3 comments Kay wrote: "Perfect! You're all booked in :D"
Great, thanks!

message 22: by Angel (new)

Angel | 103 comments Hi, Kay! If you still have some dates left. I'd like to participate. I have a novella that's a WIP that I have posted 27 chapters already on Wattpad. It has a great professionally done cover and everything and remains in the top ten there on Wattpad. com and it's entered into the current Watty Awards 2018. I am willing to post an excerpt of it on my Goodreads blog with a link to it on my Wattpad profile. I also have one completed short story there on Wattpad and another WIP on there as well. I've done blog tours before. Just let me know if you have any dates left. Thanks!

message 23: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Hi Angel, I still have the 22nd if that's good for you? Any of those would be fantastic!

message 24: by Angel (new)

Angel | 103 comments Kay wrote: "Hi Angel, I still have the 22nd if that's good for you? Any of those would be fantastic!"

Hi, Kay! August 22 works for me. Thanks.

message 25: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 1245 comments Mod
Welcome back, Angel. Glad to see you.

message 26: by Angel (new)

Angel | 103 comments Carole wrote: "Welcome back, Angel. Glad to see you."

Thanks! Glad to see you and everyone. But I'm not officially back yet, Carole. I'm still dealing with those same personal problems you and I talked about. But I do peek in on the threads occasionally. And I don't want to miss an opportunity to
give my full participation and support. I have also been sharing you guys' medium articles on my social media. I just don't post about doing so because like I said life issues have been a focus.

message 27: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Perfect! You're all booked in Angel :D

message 28: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Check out the landing page! http://kaymacleodbooks.com/summer-blo...

message 29: by Carole (new)

Kay- you are a genius!!

message 30: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Thank you so much! I have two days left if you or Michael would like them? :D

message 31: by Carole (new)

Great- tell me what we need to do and I'll have Brit take care of it Monday!!

message 32: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Cahill | 4 comments Hi there - I'm new to this group and I wondered if you have any dates left for the summer-blog-a-day event. I write a blog and wondered whether I could submit one from a couple of years ago which was written on the hottest day of the year and just happened to coincide with us going to an event in London. Kind of funny but also quite deep. Look forward to hearing from you.

message 33: by Carole (new)

Give my slots Kay

message 34: by Angel (new)

Angel | 103 comments Kay wrote: "Perfect! You're all booked in Angel :D"

Thanks, Kay!

message 35: by Angel (last edited Jul 28, 2018 01:26PM) (new)

Angel | 103 comments Kay wrote: "Check out the landing page! http://kaymacleodbooks.com/summer-blo..."

Looks wonderful, Kay! Thanks for all your hard work on this. I will share it on all my social media on or before the day the blog event begins.

message 36: by Carmel (new)

Carmel Hanes Kay wrote: "Check out the landing page! http://kaymacleodbooks.com/summer-blo..."

That looks really cool, Kay. Some day I might get brave enough and talented enough to participate! I look forward to seeing what others do, so that I can learn from them. :) Good luck to all!

message 37: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Cahill | 4 comments Hi - if this is full now are you likely to do another? Would love to participate :-)

message 38: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham (erica_graham) | 268 comments Hi, Margaret. I believe this event if full at this time, but I will double check with Kay. We will be doing more events like this in the future. If you are on Facebook and have not joined yet, please check out our group page. We announce upcoming events there as well as here. We currently have opportunities for weekly author and blogger features on our Facebook page. Here is the page link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/17603...

Kay or I will get back to you by tomorrow to let you know for sure if the event is filled. Thanks for your interest and welcome to the group!

message 39: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham (erica_graham) | 268 comments Margaret- I spoke with Kay and she verified our spots are filled for this event. However, we will be posting sign-ups for the Indie Advent Calendar soon and you are more than welcome to join us for that event.

message 40: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Cahill | 4 comments Thank you! I will join the FB Group and keep my eyes peeled for future calendars :-)

message 41: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Hi Margaret, I'm so sorry but the days filled up really quickly! Indie Advent Calendar sign ups will be going up in a couple of months so please keep your eyes open for that- they will be announced here and in our Facebook group. Because we feature multiple authors a day during that event we accept any amount of entries as long as we receive them before the closing date- check out last year's to see what the event is all about :D http://kaymacleodbooks.com/iac2017/

Thanks for your interest and I look forward to seeing you in the Facebook group.

message 42: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Carmel wrote: "Kay wrote: "Check out the landing page! http://kaymacleodbooks.com/summer-blo..."

That looks really cool, Kay. Some day I might get brave enough and talented enough to participate! I loo..."

Thank you so much! I hope you get brave enough to join an event soon and I'm certain you're already talented enough!

And thank you to Angel for all your promotional help!

message 43: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 194 comments Are you going to send us a list of people like you did for the Christmas one? I would like to share it on my blog. :)

message 44: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Everyone is on the landing page here - http://kaymacleodbooks.com/summer-blo... but if you’d like just a list of names I can send you one later?
Thanks for sharing!

message 45: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 194 comments Either way is fine. I could just use the link and maybe that would draw more people to the page.

message 46: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Awesome, okay :)

message 47: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Zimmer | 5 comments Very interested in participating if you still have slots. Please let me know what I must do to sign up. Thanks!

message 48: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments I’m really sorry Stephen but the days are all filled and the event has started now. Please keep an eye out in here or on our Facebook group for Indie Advent Calendar event sign ups which will be during the first half of September. Thanks for your interest and we’d love for you to join in the Blog-A-Day as a guest to get to know some awesome authors and bloggers!

Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and...

unread topics | mark unread