Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

Indieworld News & Opportunities > Promote your book in our summer event!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kay (last edited Jul 27, 2018 05:26AM) (new)

Kay | 414 comments Hey guys Erica and I are putting together a Summer event, here are the details-

Exciting news…
We’re all going on a Summer Blog-a-day!

Throughout August we’re going to be holding a new event packed with summer reading fun. Each day we’ll be visiting a different blog that has a free short story for you to read to get a taste of a new author’s work or see more from an author you already love. This is the ultimate way to find your next poolside read. We also have giveaways and other surprises too!

If you’re an author that would like to sign up as one of the Summer Blog-a-day stops, please contact Kayleigh MacLeod or Erica Graham. You can use a previously published short story, but it would be fantastic if we got an exclusive from you. The story can be a stand-alone piece, an addition to one of your novels, or about a real-life incident. Or you can post an excerpt of a published novel or WIP. You can add links to your books and social media at the end of your post, and a giveaway would be awesome but isn’t mandatory.

Bloggers, we would love some of you guys to do a post with your recommended summer reads too. Maybe 3-5 suggestions with a little bit about why you love each one, and of course you can add your own links and do a giveaway if you want!

All posts will be on your own blogs, but there will be a list up on the landing page at http://kaymacleodbooks.com/summer-blo... so people can find the daily stops and any other information about the event.

If you have any questions or want to take part please ask me or Erica!

message 2: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham (erica_graham) | 1496 comments Mod
We still have openings for this event! Please let me or Kay know if you are interested in participating. :)

message 3: by Erica (new)

Update: we are now allowing authors to post a short excerpt from your book if you are unable to write a short story in time for the event. This is a great opportunity to draw new visitors to your blog!

message 4: by Kay (new)

Kay | 414 comments Check out the landing page! http://kaymacleodbooks.com/summer-blo...

message 5: by Kay (new)

Kay | 414 comments Thanks Alex! I have 2 days left if you want to get in on the action? :D

message 6: by Kay (new)

Kay | 414 comments You always have plenty to contribute! If you change your mind there’s a spot for you :) x

message 7: by Erica (new)

Beautiful job, Kay!!!

message 8: by Kay (new)

Kay | 414 comments Thank you, Erica!

message 9: by Angel (last edited Aug 01, 2018 08:41PM) (new)

Angel | 722 comments Kay wrote: "Thank you, Erica!"

I hope you don't mind Kay and Erica but I have made a banner for the Summer Blog-a-day and have posted it on my Facebook Author Page with the link to the event. If you'd like to share it around that would be great. I have also posted a blog post with the link to promote the event. I have also promoted it on the rest of my social media.

message 10: by Kay (new)

Kay | 414 comments No, that's great Angel! Thank you so much!

message 11: by Angel (new)

Angel | 722 comments Kay wrote: "No, that's great Angel! Thank you so much!"

You welcome, Kay!

message 12: by L.E. (new)

L.E. Doggett (ldwriter2) | 53 comments I am late to this party but if there are in other spots how to get in touch with either of you?

My blog already has a couple of free stories up.

message 13: by Kay (new)

Kay | 414 comments Hi L.E.
All the spots in this event are taken now, sorry! There's a bigger event coming up for Christmas though- the Indie Advent Calendar so keep an eye out for sign ups, I'm thinking the first two weeks of September at the minute because there's a lot involved but sign ups will be here in this group and in our Facebook group too :)

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread