Addicted to YA discussion

Since You've Been Gone
This topic is about Since You've Been Gone
Stand Alone > Since You've Been Gone

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5299 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading it now and to be honest I'm not loving it.

Taylor (storylover6) I just started it today, and so far I am enjoying it!

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4586 comments Well, I loved this book!
Morgan Matson is one of my favorite authors!

Penny | 23 comments I just started this book, and I can't put it down. It's so good so far.

Taylor (storylover6) Jessica (Goldenfurpro) wrote: "Well, I loved this book!
Morgan Matson is one of my favorite authors!"

I just finished this book today and I totally agree! I just went out and bought her book Second Chance Summer, which I am also super excited to read!

Tirta (strrlight) | 3 comments I like it, but among other Morgan Matson's books, this one falls on the least favorite.
I was actually rooting for Emily & Gideon at first heheheh :3

Taylor (storylover6) Tirta wrote: "I like it, but among other Morgan Matson's books, this one falls on the least favorite.
I was actually rooting for Emily & Gideon at first heheheh :3"

I was worried I was the only one who got that vibe with Emily and Gideon too!! I love her and Frank, but I definitely felt the same way at first haha

Jenny (jennyyyxo) I read this book last month and I absolutely loved it!! It's become one of my new favorites. All the characters were written really well, but I loved Emily (the main character) because I could easily relate to her.

Lindsay | 105 comments I thought this was a very cute, feel good book. I enjoyed seeing Emily grow as a person and discover more about herself. I also loved her friendship with Frank.

message 11: by Em (new) - rated it 4 stars

Em (emilytalksaboutbooks) | 87 comments I loved this book! It was a perfect summer read for me, and I just thought it was amazing. Plus, it was the first book I have read that I have the same name as the main character (Emily) and I am a mixture of her and Sloane.

Jenny (oceancitybooks) I really enjoyed this book. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. I found the whole thing to be realistic and relatable. I've been a sidekick to a big personality and I identified with Emily a lot. Really fun, surprisingly meaningful read.

Molly W | 212 comments I liked the book but I found the opposite to Jenny, it wasn't as good as I expected it to be.

message 14: by Cate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cate | 1369 comments I got the book for my birthday and I am SOOO excited to read it!

message 15: by Sara (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara (saragofe16) | 2 comments I had so many expectatives that I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would do it. But it is a very good book to read in summer, like I did.

Lauraeimre | 51 comments The beginning was a little bit slow but after reading 50 pages I flew through this.

Lindsey Swieringa | 11 comments I couldn't put this book down. it was so good

Maisy_Day23 | 61 comments One of my favorite books ever! I definitely recommend this book to everyone! Very exciting and life changing!

Yolanda I recently read this book and struggled through it. I thought it was very uninteresting and didn't start to slightly enjoy it till about chapter 13. Guess its just not a story for me.

The Book Crusader (thebookcrusader) | 23 comments I didn't even realize I had this book until I was picking up stuff off the floor and saw it under a pile of other books.

I skimmed it a bit, though from what I read, I was not impressed. It was just too tame...especially the skinny dipping scene; I want to see raging hormones come into play, dammit!

message 21: by Cal (new) - rated it 1 star

Cal (Cal's Reading Corner) (calsreadingcorner) | 53 comments Started strong, got worse.

Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Teresa (teresainohio) | 1 comments this seems to be a hate it or love it book.

I have strong like for it. What Sloane pulled was low, even the reason was kinda lame.
I do like Emily seem to get comfortable in her own skin and grow as a person.

darrian it started off as a decent book but progressively started to die off until it wasn't as entertaining to read anymore