What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy series from 1980's?. Group of young people living in the American south, of Celtic descent, fight beings of Celtic mythology, ship shaped like a metallic dragon can shrink. Group includes a young nature American Indian.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gerald (new)

Gerald R. | 1 comments I am looking for a book in a series of book about a group of young people living in the american southern state of celtic descent who encounters and fight with beings of celtic mythology, use a ship int the form of a metallic dragon who shrinks to carry, in the group is a young native american indian who gets help from being of the native american indian mythology. The series of books , i think, cames out in the 1980's. i do not remember the titles of the books or the author's name. It is in the fantasy genre. Please help. Thank you Gerald at ostiguy.gro@gmail.com

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36601 comments Mod
Gerald, I added genre and plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it (without spoilers) using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

Tips for posting a book request: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 214 comments Well this is absolutely too recently published and has the wrong mythological system to boot, but when you say metallic dragon I think of The Lost Hero.

message 4: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy | 152 comments You might be thinking of the the David Sullivan series by Tom Deitz.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36601 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Jeremy's suggestion - Windmaster's Bane (David Sullivan #1) by Tom Deitz:

https://books.google.com/books?id=pxT... There are different cover images.

Amazon's description:
"RIDDLE, RING, AND QUEST
In Georgia’s Blue Ridge Mountains, tales are told of strange lights, of mysterious roads…of wondrous folk from enchanted realms. All these are hidden from mortal men, and those who have the gift to look on them are both blessed and doomed…

THE WINDMASTER
Young David Sullivan never dreamed that the myths of marvels and magic he loved were real. But in his blood was the gift of Second Sight. And near his family’s rural farm lay an invisible track between worlds…where he would soon become a pawn in the power game of the Windmaster, an evil usurper among those the Celts called the Sidhe. David’s only protection would be a riddle’s answer and an enchanted ring…as he began his odyssey of danger into things unknowing and unknown…"

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Windmaster's Bane (other topics)
The Lost Hero (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tom Deitz (other topics)