Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Round 18: August 2014

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (last edited Aug 31, 2014 05:37PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments This the battle between Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell vs. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

If you have read both of them, please vote for the one you enjoyed more below

Eleanor & Park: 18
We Were Liars: 9

message 2: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Eleanor and Park!

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 2834 comments Definitely Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell . We Were Liars by E. Lockhart was awful!!

message 4: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I liked Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell better too. In fact, I didn't enjoy We Were Liars at all. It was short and that was it.

message 5: by Paulina (new)

Paulina Maurovich (paulinamaurovich13) | 423 comments I liked We Were Liars by E. Lockhart better, Eleanor and Park was very good too but the mystery in We Were Liars and the ending had me intrigued and was a better book for me.

message 6: by Khristina (new)

Khristina Chess (khristina_chess) | 10 comments Eleanor & Park! I loved this book.

message 7: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments although I really loved both of them
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell just...I loved it a little more :)

message 8: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Katherine wrote: "Definitely Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart was awful!!"

Gotta agree, my vote goes to Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell .

We Were Liars has way too much hype!

message 9: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

I didn't like We Were Liars. It's really predictable.

Trina (Between Chapters) (trinabetweenchapters) Both of these books had insane amounts of hype surrounding them when I read them, and I didn't think either one of them lived up to that hype for me personally. I enjoyed many elements of Eleanor & Park, but it left me feeling extremely unsatisfied about a couple of things that I didn't feel were fleshed out well enough.

I figured out the twist of We Were Liars early on, but it was still enjoyable picking up on all the hints. Overall, I thought it was more satisfying and very better crafted. So my vote is for
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

message 11: by Amanda (new)

message 12: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments Eleanor and Park

message 13: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Gray My favorite is We Were Liars by E. Lockhart , it had me hooked from the beginning and I couldn't put it down. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell was good too, but I didn't like it as much as We Were Liars.

message 14: by Meri Kate (last edited Aug 10, 2014 02:57PM) (new)

Meri Kate (booksandsunshine) | 7 comments We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

They both had a lot of hype and I loved the first 3/4 of Eleanor & Park but I was left feeling unsatisfied. I felt more satisfied with how We Were Liars ended up panning out.

message 15: by Jess (new)

Jess (jmor) Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell for me. The story really resonated with me in a way We Were Liars didn't.

message 16: by Diana S (new)

Diana S | 2 comments I liked Eleanor & Park

message 17: by Catriona (new)

Catriona (catrionagregory) | 241 comments Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell !

message 18: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (petuniaspicks) | 1 comments Definitely Eleanor and Park!

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (ahalfbloodfangirl) | 38 comments Eleanor & Park

I loved We Were Liars. But, Eleanor & Park was excellent. It was all the music references that edged Eleanor & Park above We Were Liars for me.

message 20: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Looks like we have a clear winner this month :)

message 21: by April (new)

April Ballantyne This was a hard one for me, since I like both. I think that We Were Liars by E. Lockhart won out.

message 22: by nellie evelina (new)

nellie evelina (snubbar) Eleanor & Park
Reeaaaaally good book and I love the cover!

message 23: by Megan (new)

Megan | 3011 comments This is a tough decision, but I have to say that I liked We Were Liars by E. Lockhart better.

message 24: by Neelam (new)

Neelam (n505) Definitely Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell . I didn't like We Were Liars by E. Lockhart at all, but I think that's also because I went into that one with high expectations and I wasn't expecting much from eleanor & park because fangirl was such a disappointment for me.

message 25: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I didn't like Fangirl, either. Glad to know someone else didn't think it was the best book even written :D

message 26: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 6 comments Eleanor and Park!

message 27: by Athena (new)

Athena Moore (dymondmr17) I loved both while reading but for the ending plot twist I'm giving it to We Were Liars

message 28: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen  (bookbeat) | 72 comments Eleanor and Park

message 29: by Will (new)

Will White We Were Liars. I enjoyed the mysterious twist at the end of the book. I probably didn't give E&P much of a chance by reading it immediately after The Fault in Our Stars. It was hard for me to believe Eleanor's character. The rest of the story was wonderful, especially the 80's music.

message 30: by Sophie (new)

Sophie I didn't like Eleanor & Park so I'm going to go with We Were Liars by E. Lockhart