The YA Book Club discussion

Book Recommendations > I’m looking for a YA book

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rey (new)

Rey (NabilaReysaP) | 3 comments I’m fairly new to the YA section. So, do you guys have some book recommendations??

message 2: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 5 comments Have you tried divergent?
Or the matched series buy allied condie?
Both are very good.

message 3: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer | 128 comments What kind of books do you like? Are you into contemporary or sci-fi or fantasy? Do you like romance?

Barely Competent (barelycompetent) | 30 comments I would recommend books by Leigh Bardugo Her books are some of the best I've read. Her books are fantasy.

If you're looking for a contemporary I'd recommend The Fault in Our Stars. I'm not too into contemporary but I did really like that one.

As Red as Blood Is another really good one. Which is a mystery/thriller.

Blood Red Road Is a good dystopian, but does take some getting into. If you like dystopian the obvious answer would be the Hunger Games.

Passenger Is a good Shi-fi/Historical fiction book.

These were just some books in different genres that I really liked. I hope it helps. :D

message 5: by Stefani (new)

Stefani Crook (bookwormstefani) | 16 comments I recommend Vampire Academy.

message 6: by Rey (new)

Rey (NabilaReysaP) | 3 comments Thank You for the recommendations guys😄. I’m open to all genres if you guys still have some recommendations in mind 🙂

message 8: by Cheynne (new)

Cheynne (thebookist__) | 1 comments I second the comment about Leigh Bardugo's books. So amazing and really draws you in!

Also. Seer of Souls by Susan Faw is amazing. Scored this beauty while it was free on Amazon Kindle was thoroughly surprised about how well the characters developed and the storyline progressed.

The Black Mage series is to die for. (also scored the first book of the series while it was free on Kindle) and loved it. I ended up reading the first book in a day.

ur evil stepmum  (localbooklover_) Vanessa Violet wrote: "Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh BardugoA Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. MaasThrone of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. MaasAn Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa TahirRed Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard[bookcove..."

I highly recommend Leigh Bardugos books, and these books mentioned. I'm currently reading the six of crows duology and am loving it!

message 10: by hannah (new)

hannah (hannahgi1es) I personally love the Shadowhunters books by Cassandra Clare. They are great reads and my favourites of her books are The Infernal Devices trilogy. For anyone who has read them....Wessa or Jessa?
Cassandra Clare
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Angel is the first in The Infernal Devices trilogy, but the recommended order is to start with the first half of another one of her series, The Mortal Instruments as it is the main introduction to the Shadow World. The first book in that series is City of Bones.

message 11: by Kirsche (new)

Kirsche Weatherford | 14 comments Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children series- Ransom Riggs
Heroes of Olympus series - Rick Riordian
Legend series- Marie Lu
Daughter of Smoke and Bone series- Laini Taylor
Shiver series- Maggie Stiefvater

These are just a few series that I enjoyed and hope you would enjoy.

message 12: by S. (new)

S. Roach (scameronroach) | 5 comments The Scrolls of Udanadar - S. Cameron Roach

message 13: by Rakel (new)

Rakel | 1 comments i recommend talon by julie kagawa! i just finished it today and omg i am obsessed. definitely a good young adult fiction read

message 14: by Keanna (new)

Keanna (keannaluna) Anything written by Cassandra Clare! All her books are brilliant!

message 15: by KossK (new)

KossK | 8 comments Bitten (Women of the Otherworld #1) by Kelley Armstrong

message 16: by Manz (new)

Manz | 6 comments KossK wrote: "Bitten (Women of the Otherworld #1) by Kelley Armstrong"

Yayy! Thanks for the recommendation! Love paranormal romance - and set in my home city - SOLD! (I'm not the original poster but I'm totally lurking this forum for new books xD).

message 17: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (bagofbooks) | 175 comments At the moment I am reading the Chronicles of Narnia. Some may consider it a children's book but I myself look at it as a YA series

message 18: by Happy (new)

Happy Latitudes (happylatitudes) | 15 comments I love Narnia....shoukd be on every YA must-read list

message 19: by Laura (new)

Laura | 3 comments I'd recommend Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi :D
It's dystopian :D
I'd also recommend A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas :D

message 20: by Feran (new)

Feran | 20 comments well what type of ya book, romantic , sci-fi, dystopian, comedy ..etc

message 21: by Emilie (new)

Emilie I personally enjoy reading the books...
- Divergent
-Twilight
- Throne of Glass
- The Maze Runner
- Th Hunger Games
These are all of the the series’s I especially enjoyed but there are many others you could choose from :)