Gorgeous Guys, Beautiful Books, and Occasional Vampires discussion

Book Discussions > Blue Bloods

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I haven't read this ..... yet of course

message 2: by ♥Cassie♥ (new)

♥Cassie♥ It's a really good book.I've read it

message 3: by Catherine (last edited Aug 21, 2009 02:20PM) (new)

Catherine | 476 comments I'm very interested in reading it, I've heard it's a good book. And I love vampire fiction.

message 4: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments It's good. I've read the three out and I really like them. They contain a lot of mythology and history, especially in the first one. So if you like that kind of thing...

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanthan) If you like this series please join my Blue bloods group. Here's the link: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/2...

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney see you ddi post the link SAM!!!!!! Lol, just kidding I remember giving you permision.

message 7: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i really want to read this series but i cant find it anywhere. btw i find it hard even thinking blue bloods without get tongue tied lol well you try and say it ten times really fast lol i so cant : )

message 8: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I'm in the middle of the first book, sinc I'm STILL sick I've had some reading time. At first my sick brain didn't have enough energy to read but I can now. I love Jack and I don't mind Mimi...yet

I know she gets worse but I'm still just at the part where Oliver is telling Sky about knowing and being her whatever it's called.

No spoilers please but I do have theories. I think that Dylan is one of those things that's hunting them. I bet he's gonna let them trust him then try and kill them all.

message 9: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Ok, I finished. It wasn't my fav vampire book but I liked it. I think that was because I prefer the idea that they hide out or seperate themselves socially from humans. Like the HON vamps or the Twilight ones. I admit that I also prefer when there are no laws against killing humans it makes the book more insteresting.

I felt like it ended ubruptly, it was like detail, detail, detail, hey you know all this info now, then detail, detail, forshadow, ending.

But over all it was good, I liked Skyular and Bliss and Jack was super hottttttttt!!!!!!

message 10: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Courtney * Vampire Extraordinaire wrote: "I'm in the middle of the first book, sinc I'm STILL sick I've had some reading time. At first my sick brain didn't have enough energy to read but I can now. I love Jack and I don't mind Mimi...yet
..."

am still reading the same book i started last week coz of being ill what is the matter with you are you ok?

message 11: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Yeah I'm ok, I went to school today for the first time in a week and a day. I had the flue and I'm still coughing A LOT.

message 12: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) awww bless you am just starting to get over swine flu

message 13: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Ohhhhhhh, that's horrible! Gosh, everyone is sick! How long have you had it?

message 14: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) yeah i know i think it must be the season that everyone gets ill.its been about a week now and i only went out of the house today but that was only to go into the car but tomorrow i have to go to uni even though my dad said i shouldnt but am nearly better and am not contagious anymore as i finished my tablets today.

message 15: by Kat (last edited Sep 22, 2009 01:07PM) (new)

Kat (acharb11ymailcom) | 70 comments you have/had swine flu??? Did you catch it at school? I go to University too...been using Purell after every class (as much as I hate that stuff)

message 16: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) yeah am just starting to get over it today. i think i caught it of my sisters friend as he came round when he had swine flu. whats purell? what are you studing at uni? am studing commercial photography

message 17: by Kat (new)

Kat (acharb11ymailcom) | 70 comments Purell is that stuff people use to disinfect their hands.

I'm studying geography.

message 18: by Kat (last edited Sep 22, 2009 01:15PM) (new)

Kat (acharb11ymailcom) | 70 comments It must be really tough missing classes in Sept...if I get sick, I'm going to be completly screwed.

message 19: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) never heard of purell.
my classes dont start til tomorrow which i will be going to so i wont get behind

message 20: by Kat (new)

Kat (acharb11ymailcom) | 70 comments Your clases start tomorrow??? Really...what university? (don't answer that if you don't want too)

message 21: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) yeah we start tomorrow its in england so it probably diferent for us

message 22: by Kat (new)

Kat (acharb11ymailcom) | 70 comments oh....I see. In Canada we start the day after labour day.

message 23: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i am just waiting for the first one to arrive after a long wait trying to find it so i hope it lives up to my expectations lol

message 24: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) Right now I'm reading the fourth book. I'm finding that I'm forgeting things cause it's been so long since I read the other books, so I get confused sometimes. Is this book as good as the others on the series?

message 25: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I liked it better actually. Well that may be because I didn't love the other book in this series, they were okay and I liked them, but defiantly not my favs. I found that I had forgot tons while I was reading it too

message 26: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) Ya it makes it hard to get into when I have to think too much about it while I'm reading to remember things.

message 27: by Courtney (new)

Courtney yeah, I found that the author barley even gave you any fashbacks or refernced as to what already happened. So I ended up being a little lost

message 28: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) Same, but then again sometimes they give too much about what happened before and thats just boring, like the House of Night books.

message 29: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Actually, I like that about the HON books.

message 30: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) Really, it knd of drives me nuts.

message 31: by Courtney (new)

Courtney yeah, I've heard if a lot of people who think so too. HON is my fav series so I guess I'm just too wrapped up in the plot to really care.

message 32: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) Ya that makes sense, it's definietly not my favourite so that's probably why it bugs me more.

message 33: by Courtney (new)

Courtney yeah, my friend hates Zoey and hates that about the books and so we always fight about that. Since it's my fav series and she doesn't really like it. But then again she's only on Book3 and I've read them all

message 34: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) It seems like everyone hates Zoey :S
I don't hate, I just think that she needs to make some better choses sometimes. But other than that I like her.

message 35: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments Sorry girls, I can't agree. I DETEST Zoey and her multiple boyfriend problem!

message 36: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) Well ya she has problems, but I don't hate her.

message 37: by Courtney (new)

Courtney See with me, I know that if I had so many BF chocies and they were all so great, then I know I would be in her postion exactly. It would take me forever to choice and they would all probably just have to bare with me until I did, or give up. So I can totally relate to Zoey, even though I would probably try to handle it a bit better

message 38: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanthan) YAH, BLUE BLOODS IS HAWT, JUST LIKE MY BUDDY, MISS KNIGHTLEY. YEAH, THE KEIRA KNIGHTLEY. WE DID A PHOTO SHOOT TOGETHER FOR CHANEL NUMBER 5 LAST WEEK. WE'RE BEST FRINEDS. BEST FRIENDS I TELL U!!!!!!!!!

message 39: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Samantha wrote: "YAH, BLUE BLOODS IS HAWT, JUST LIKE MY BUDDY, MISS KNIGHTLEY. YEAH, THE KEIRA KNIGHTLEY. WE DID A PHOTO SHOOT TOGETHER FOR CHANEL NUMBER 5 LAST WEEK. WE'RE BEST FRINEDS. BEST FRIENDS I TELL U!!!!!!!!!"

wow guess your excited about it then lol

message 40: by Courtney (new)

Courtney yep, seems she is

message 41: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) my second book arrived this morning so i will be reading it very soon cant wait

message 42: by Courtney (new)

Courtney cool, yeah. I like these books. To me the first couple were just okay but the last book in this series really did it for me

message 43: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i am trying to get all the books that are out so far but finding it hard

message 44: by Courtney (last edited Feb 25, 2010 01:40PM) (new)

Courtney Has the full series been released? I've read all of them so far, 4. I like the 4th the most. Hope you managed to get them though :)

message 45: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) Are you talking about the blue bloods series? Cause if you are nit all the books are out yet only four are.

message 46: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Really? There's gonna be more? But the 4th one really closed up the series. It doesn't seem like there's room for more.

message 47: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) Ya there is going to be more. And I think that there is lots that is still unanswered, like what will happen with the silver bloods there still
planing something. I think there is a lot to have in the next books.

message 48: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Really? I felt that the plot came to an end when Sky really choose her path and Jack choose his. **spoiler** I feel like after killing off Kingley and getting rid of Lucifer that it's...i don't know...over. But that's just how I feel. These books didn't really do it for me so i'm not sure if I'll read more.

message 49: by Heather B (last edited Feb 25, 2010 01:53PM) (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) Well, I wouldn't be surprised if Lucifer wasn't gone for good. It's not my favourite series or anything either, I like them and am still going to read the rest, but I can see why people wouldn't like them. Plus once I start a series I can't just quit it.

message 50: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Usually I can't either. But with his one, I might. It's just with the Van Allen Legancy I had forgotten so many details and for some reason...Jack just isn't that appealing to me even though he's supposed to be the hot guy of the book *shruggs*

« previous 1

Gorgeous Guys, Beautiful Books, and Occasional...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Masquerade (other topics)