Play Book Tag discussion

The Alice Network
This topic is about The Alice Network
Archive: Other Books > DECATHALON: The Alice Network - Kate Quinn - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 1155 comments Charlie St. Clair is pregnant and being taken by her mother to Switzerland for an abortion in May of 1947. When the ship stops in Southampton she deserts her mother and heads to London to seek out a woman who may be her only hope in locating her cousin, Rose, who disappeared in 1944. Eve Gardiner, 54, a drunk with maimed hands, is not interested in helping until she hears there may be a connection to her supposedly deceased old nemesis Rene Bordelon. The two with Eve's driver, Finn, head to France to find the truth about both. The rest of the story alternates chapters between Eve and Charlie in 1915 and 1947. Eve was a spy in WWI, part of the Alice Network in France until its collapse. This was a great story. Both women are about the same age during the sections on their lives and each grows into her own identity. The Alice Network was real and there is an interesting afterward describing the history of the real characters. Highly recommended.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Loved, loved this book. It is one of my favorites this year. Such a great story, and what a great author.

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments I just finished this yesterday and loved it as well!

message 4: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 9372 comments I adore did this last year! It made my top 10. And it was thrilling to me to see three of my favorite co - readers love it too!

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8431 comments This is one of my favorite reads of last year too.

LibraryCin | 9079 comments I was gifted this one at Christmas last year. Not sure when I'll get to it, but glad to see such a great review! And so many positive comments about it!