✎ 1x1 ✐ discussion

1x1 > Sera & Maven's Queen

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 2: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments Thanks again for creating the topic. :)
would you like me to post the plot here again for future reference?

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments Yes please, if you would!

message 4: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments No problem.
Four generations ago, magic almost destroyed the kingdom of Drevaria.
Now the kingdom stands fairly secure, with regulations and policies to keep magic in check. Mostly this means imprisoning those who are believed to possess such unnatural abilities, and training a select few to serve as emergency forces. Lately there have been rumors that, despite the great measures taken, magic is once again on the rise, with a growing band of misfits plotting to over throw the royal family.

Drevaria is home to two princesses, Girl A and Girl B. With tension building in the kingdom, the pressure for one of the sisters to marry becomes much more prelevant. It seems like the obvious choice for Girl A to marry the prince of the neighboring kingdom- they have been friends since childhood and have had an engagement plan of sorts for about a year.
Meanwhile, Girl B has secretly been seeing a peasant boy, a soldier in training (Guy A).
It seems like everything will work out fine...until Girl A discovers she has magical abilities and runs away a week before her wedding, making the pressure to marry fall on Girl B.
While Girl B is faced with trying to find a different solution to settle the unease in the kingdom, Girl A runs into guy B on the outskirts of the kingdom. He comes off as charming and even offers to help her learn to control her ability. Unbenounced to her, Guy B is the leader of the band of misfits plotting to take over the kingdom.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments Thank you :) So where do we want to start on this plot?

message 6: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments Maybe the night girl A runs away would be a good starting point? Normally I would suggest starting a bit before that to build up the storyline a bit more but I also know from experience that that can lead to a bit of a slump when using double characters as one wouldn't have even come into the story line quite yet.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments I don't mind starting earlier if that's what you'd like to do. I imagine it would give more depth if we didn't start there.

message 8: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments Okay, sounds good then. I think starting off a bit earlier will be beneficial in the long run.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments Alright we can do that :)

So what are the ages of the princesses, roughly?

message 10: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments Maybe late teens or early twenties, but I'm okay with whatever really so however you prefer is fine.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments I was sort of asking more their ages in relation to each other. Which is older/younger, or are they twins?

message 12: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments Oh okay, I kind of left that vague so it could be decided. I'd say that a minimal age gap like a year or so or the twins idea would be best for this purpose though.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments Hmm I'm fine with either. Do you have a preference? If not, twins are good. It makes the relationship tighter.

message 14: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments I don't really have a preference and you are right about that having the potential to make the relationship tighter, so twins is fine.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments Alright so then twins :) Do we want to make characters for this?

message 16: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments I usually like to do just the basics so the rest can develop with the rp, but I'm okay with doing whatever or nothing at all, so however you prefer.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments Yeah I like to do that too ^-^ I just like having a little something to at least establish their appearance and names before hand.

message 18: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments okay, perfect. :)

message 19: by ☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (last edited Jun 24, 2018 12:45PM) (new)

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments There was another question I had while I was gone and i keep Hoping I'll remember, but i haven't yet.

message 20: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments That happens to the best of us, just feel free to ask whenever it once again comes to mind. (which if you're anything like me will be at the most random time ever, lol.)

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments Alright ^-^ And I'm doing the B's, correct?

message 22: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments yep, that's right.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments Alright then. Do you think there's anything else we need to sort out?

message 24: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments There's nothing else that I can think of at the moment, so I think we are good to go.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments Great. Shall we make our characters then?

message 26: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments yep, sounds good.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments Alright I'll get to work!

message 28: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments I will too, should have them up shortly.

message 29: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments oh, I'm assuming we are making the twins fraternal so we can have different face claims?

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments Oh yeah that's cool by me

message 31: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments Okay great

message 32: by Lynn (last edited Jun 24, 2018 06:37PM) (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments First Name: Aurelia
Middle Name: Rosalind
Appearance:
https://www.lofficiel.vn/wp-content/u...

(If the link doesn't work just let me know, my internet connection is being temperamental tonight, hence why it took me so long to post. Sorry about that by the way!)

First Name: Landon
Middle Name: Andrew
Appearance: https://i.redd.it/6v9y8t3ey36z.jpg

(Also if there is anything else you want me to add in just let me know.)

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments That first link doesn't work. Well, it does, but it takes me to the google search page.

And the only thing extra I can think of is age maybe?

message 34: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments okay, I'll fix it in a bit.
I left out the ages because we didn't decide on how old to make the twins and didn't want to just put it in for one character, but if we decide I can add that in.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments Oh right, we didn't. 19 sound reasonable?

message 36: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments Yeah, that sounds fine.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments
• Ariella Rose •

• Zane Archer Maverick •

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments Sorry it took a little while, my laptop was acting up as far as images go.

message 39: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments Perfectly alright, I totally understand.
I guess we are ready to start then?

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments Yup I guess so :)

message 41: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments :)
So would you like to start us off or do you want me to?

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments If you would please :)

message 43: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments Knock knock knock "Princess Aurelia.....You're late for your dress fitting m'lady" Knock knock knock "...Princess"
Aurelia awoke with a start. Upon hearing another knock on the door she quickly sat up. "Just a moment." She called to the maid beyond the locked door. Surely it wasn't morning already? She went to her window and drew open the heavy velvet curtains. One of her arms flew up to shield her eyes from the sudden shock of sunlight that filled the room. It was most definitely already morning, late morning judging from the position of the sun. Aurelia sighed and quickly set about getting ready. Usually she was quite punctual, but the last few days had been quite busy and that had thrown her off a bit. She felt as if she had only just gone to bed a few minutes ago. Though her wedding was still a week and a half away the preparations for it were well under way and seemed to fill most, if not all, of her days. Once she was dressed and had her hair fixed in a presentable manner she joined the maid waiting for her out in the hall. On the way to the fitting she planned on stopping and asking her sister to come along with her. She didn't think she could stand in there alone and listen to the royal dressmaker ramble on about some story she had heard from her dozens of times before, all while being a human pin cushion.

Landon's arms ached. He had been shoveling dirt for the last half hour. He stopped momentarily to reposition his grip on the shovel, his hands already had blisters on them. "Keep going." The voice of a commanding officer boomed from behind him. "You can stop when I tell you to stop." Landon gritted his teeth and forced the shovel into the ground once more. The officer smirked, "Maybe next time you'll think twice about showing up late." That morning Landon had carefully snuck to Ariella's room and left a few wild daisies on her nightstand for her to wake up to. They weren't as lavish as the flowers in the royal garden, but they were still beautiful in their own way. He made sure to be in and out before the sun even began to rise, but he hadn't planned on the wall guards actually making their rounds. Usually at that time they were off in some corner playing cards by dying torch light. It had taken him a significantly longer time to find an opportunity to slip back out, concequently making him late for training.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments ((I'm going to assume that Zane won't come in till later ^-^))

Ariella woke up before her servants came in and stretched before she noticed the few flowers on her nightstand. They were so plain but beautiful for what they meant. Landon had snuck up to her just to give her these. Because of that, she'd never seen anything prettier. Barely had she time to relish their presence before her maids swarmed in to prepare her for the day. Even if there were some days she couldn't see her precious soldier boy, things like this made her so happy. While she was being dressed, one of the maids told her what she had to do today, which was very little though she was informed that her sister had a dress fitting for the wedding, and that made Ariella very happy. Once her sister was married, everything would change. And what she wanted most was for her sister to happy and in love, even if she wasn't convinced that her sister loved him now but that she might one day...

message 45: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments ((Yep, and Landon will kind of be in and out for a while as we need him until later :) ))

As Aurelia headed in the direction of her sister's room, her maid reminded her of her busy schedule. After her fitting there would be other business to attend to, such as picking flower types, approving the calligraphy font for the announcement to be placed at the gate, planning the arrangement of the move of her things to her new kingdom...the list stretched on longer than she cared to listen. In all honesty she was sort of greatful for her busy schedule, it gave her less time to think of being nervous. She imagined that soon enough that nervousness would catch up to her anyway, after all, her whole life would soon be changing. After a minute Aurelia reached her sister's room and had her maid knock on the door.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments ((Sounds perfect :) ))

Ariella took her time in the morning since she had nothing pressing to do. Which was good because she'd instructed the maids to make her look perfect that day for no apparent reason, and perfection took time! By the time she heard a knock at the door, she was all ready to go meet her sister and see if she could help with something in order to get things off Aurelia's plate. How convenient that said sister was already at her door! "Aurelia," Ariella said with a happy smile once the door had been opened. "I'd ask you to come in but I know you can't linger long. Did you come here for any reason? Something you need help with, perhaps?"

message 47: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments "Actually, I was sort of hoping that, if you have time, you would accompany me to my dress fitting?" Aurelia asked with a hopeful smile. "I could definately use your eye for style." Usually Aurelia opted for fairly simple dresses with just a bit of embordery or bead work. Extravagance and detail seemed to be a bit more up Ariella's alley and she figured she could use some guidance in that area, besides she seldom had time to spend with her sister lately and she missed her company

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments "Of course! I would love to," Ariella said and gave her sister another smile. The only slightly younger princess adored design and making things beautiful. On top of that, she knew her sister best and therefore knew how to accentuate her beauty perfectly. The very fact that Aurelia came to ask her meant enough, and then there was the enjoyment aspect that made it all the better. "When is your fitting? Not that I have much to work around."

message 49: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 1076 comments Aurelia released a breath she hadn't realized she had been holding in anticipation of her sister's answer. She smiled back at Ariella until the question of when her dress fitting was reminded her of her schedule. "I'm on my way to it now actually.....I'm terribly sorry for asking so last minute, I intended to last night but neglected to." Aurelia sighed, being so disorderly was uncharacteristic of her. "If you have prior engagements for the morning then by all means, attend to them instead."

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 29888 comments "Oh don't worry about it," Ariella replied simply. "I don't mind having to leave now. I just finished with preparing for the day." A soft laugh escaped her because they both knew she took ages to get ready in the morning or for anything really. "You have so much on your mind and I have literally nothing, so I would love to go with you. And don't you dare hesitate to ask if you need my help with anything. We may not be identical, but I can still stand in for you in certain situations."

« previous 1