Tome Topple Readathon discussion

Book Discussions > Looking for suggestions

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renee (new)

Renee  (the_enchanted_booklands) | 4 comments I'm looking for suggestions for a tbr as I'm at the point of starting new series and the first book in every series is less than 500 pages.

Books I like:
Throne of Glass
Mistborn
Lord of the rings
Graceling

I liked A court of thorns and Roses but didnt care for the second book

I like badass female main characters and I struggle to read male character leads.

message 2: by Jess (freaks over books) (last edited Jun 23, 2018 05:23PM) (new)

Jess (freaks over books) (morriganofthefey) | 22 comments Renee wrote: "I'm looking for suggestions for a tbr as I'm at the point of starting new series and the first book in every series is less than 500 pages.

Books I like:
Throne of Glass
Mistborn
Lord of the r..."

I suggest Grave Mercy by Robin Lefevers, first in the His Fair Assasins trilogy, also, you enjoyed ACOTAR and yet did not like ACOMAF....you are my soulmate, because this never happens, can we be friends?

message 3: by Renee (new)

Renee  (the_enchanted_booklands) | 4 comments Yes,yes we can lol. I believe grave mercy is on my goodreads list!

message 4: by James Dweck (last edited Jun 24, 2018 10:24PM) (new)

James Dweck | 2 comments If you liked Mistborn, you'll probably like some other Brandon Sanderson, too. I can only personally suggest The Way of Kings at this point, but I'm trying to catch up - I'm planning on reading Elantris during the readathon. From what I know, both books have some boss-ass female main characters.

EDIT: I DID NOT PROCESS THAT YOU LIKE LOTR THAT IS MY FAVORITE SERIES AAAAH :D

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna Little | 4 comments Hi guys!
I’d like suggestions for books with good/ well developed female leads. But not necessarily like the warrior type I’m kinda sick of that trope to be honest. Maybe something like Vasya from The Bear and the Nightingale. Thanks:):)

message 6: by Renee (new)

Renee  (the_enchanted_booklands) | 4 comments James Dweck wrote: "If you liked Mistborn, you'll probably like some other Brandon Sanderson, too. I can only personally suggest The Way of Kings at this point, but I'm trying to catch up - I'm planning on reading Ela..."

I'm thinking of reading Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson
And I want to read the nevernight series by Jay Kristoff but part of me doesn't want to read it until the last book is out.

message 7: by Renee (new)

Renee  (the_enchanted_booklands) | 4 comments Anna wrote: "Hi guys!
I’d like suggestions for books with good/ well developed female leads. But not necessarily like the warrior type I’m kinda sick of that trope to be honest. Maybe something like Vasya from ..."

I looked and saw you read Uglies which was my first suggestion, did you finish the series? If not I'd finish that series, she's not much of fighter until specials.

Poison Study by Maria Snyder is what I'm currently reading and she isn't a warrior, at least not yet. Her character seems well developed so far.

The name of the star by Maureen Johnson if you like ghosts, I'm not huge on ghosts but I love London and Maureen Johnson.