Space Opera Fans discussion

Unearthed (Unearthed, #1)
This topic is about Unearthed
BOTM READER > July 2018 READER Unearthed by Kaufman

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teresa, Plan B is in Effect (new)

Teresa Carrigan | 2653 comments Mod
The July 2018 READER pick is Unearthed (Unearthed, #1) by Amie Kaufman Unearthed by Amie Kaufman. Please use this thread to post questions, comments, and reviews, at any time.

Official description:
When Earth intercepts a message from a long-extinct alien race, it seems like the solution the planet has been waiting for. The Undying's advanced technology has the potential to undo environmental damage and turn lives around, and Gaia, their former home planet, is a treasure trove waiting to be uncovered.

For Jules Addison and his fellow scholars, the discovery of an alien culture offers unprecedented opportunity for study... as long as scavengers like Amelia Radcliffe don't loot everything first. Mia and Jules' different reasons for smuggling themselves onto Gaia put them immediately at odds, but after escaping a dangerous confrontation with other scavvers, they form a fragile alliance.

In order to penetrate the Undying temple and reach the tech and information hidden within, the two must decode the ancient race's secrets and survive their traps. But the more they learn about the Undying, the more their presence in the temple seems to be part of a grand design that could spell the end of the human race...

message 2: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 19 comments Every time I follow the Goodreads link, I get an Amazon message: Page not found...

message 3: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 340 comments Have just started this. Am enjoying the premise, and trying to get used to the changing perspective. (Haven't really ever been a fan of changing perspective in first person.)

message 4: by Teresa, Plan B is in Effect (last edited Jun 25, 2018 04:13AM) (new)

Will wrote: "Every time I follow the Goodreads link, I get an Amazon message: Page not found..."
The Goodreads link to the kindle ebook works for me, and that page has links to paperback etc.

Unless perhaps there are copyright issues with the book selling in your country? I’m in the USA.

message 5: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 19 comments It doesn't appear to be available in the UK. Except as an abridged audiobook.

message 6: by Teresa, Plan B is in Effect (new)

Will wrote: "It doesn't appear to be available in the UK. Except as an abridged audiobook."
Well that stinks. If we had noticed that during nominations I would have disqualified this book. :(

message 7: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 19 comments I rather fancied it from the blurb, too.

Mary Catelli | 101 comments Ooff. That's a pity.

For those of us who can -- that's an interesting meeting between the two characters.

message 9: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 340 comments Mary wrote: "Ooff. That's a pity.

For those of us who can -- that's an interesting meeting between the two characters."

It certainly was !

Richard | 60 comments Just finishing Unearthed. Thanks for the recommendation. My library classified it as young adult and it read that way but that’s just fine. Enjoyed it - interesting plot line and great diversion.

message 11: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 340 comments I really enjoyed this one too. Looking forward to the next one.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Unearthed (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Amie Kaufman (other topics)