What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Thriller / Mystery (Old Orphanage)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Apache (new)

Apache Rose | 3 comments I read this book a few years ago (2016-2017 possibly 2015). I'm not sure of it's publish date. I believe the author might be male, but I may be mistaken.

A family moves into a home that used to be an orphanage, possibly ran by a church / nunnery. The family's neighbor across the street has lived in her house since the time of the orphanage.

The family has a child and in the child's room is a cupboard. I believe the cupboard opens up to a more vast area with a staircase. The child goes missing and the authorities can not find the child at all.

Meanwhile, the neighbor across the street talks about a little boy who also went missing when the home was an orphanage.

I don't recall all details but I do believe the little girl could sense the boy or something else and was "lured" into the hidden area.

The author had another short story at the end of the book. The short story was another version of the same story, essentially what the author had thought of before writing up the story.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

message 3: by Apache (new)

Apache Rose | 3 comments Holly wrote: "The Secret of Crickley Hall?"

I don't think so. I read the synopsis via the goodreads link and then went to amazon and read the synopsis there. I don't the family had more than one child.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
Amber, are there other crimes (e.g., The Missing Ones by Patricia Gibney is a long shot)?

What's the time period and location - country, region, big city/small town?

Is this a series that features a detective or private investigator?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40687 comments Mod
Bumping since Amber posted today.

Amber, did you see Kris's questions?