I love Alpha Male books club discussion

Wanted: Romantic suspense but with qualifiers

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (last edited Jun 23, 2018 09:49AM) (new)

Kathy Golden | 99 comments I want a romantic suspense where the heroine is not a super strong woman. No FBI or Special Forces or anything like that. She can be brainy with computer smarts, not geeky, or maybe something usual like a realtor or teacher, housewife, possibly a nurse; could be a swimmer or a dancer, an artist. I don't want a woman trying to compete with the man. I don't mind if other readers have called her a weak female. I want a woman who needs and appreciates a hero. As for him, no billionaire unless he's one incognito, and even that might be pushing it. He can be military or security or have practically any occupation. Explicit sex is fine. No clean romance and no erotica. Also, I want the suspense part to be believable. I know. I don't want much. Thanks anyway!

I can't find anything that comes close to Worth the Fall https://amzn.to/2tnvkyn, but if you know of a book like that one, please share it.

message 2: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Belaire (goodreadscomnikkibelaire) | 6 comments Hi Kathy! I just happened to see your post and thought my newest release might be of interest to you. If not, I hope you find what you're looking for. Happy reading! :)

192: A Dark Mafia Bodyguard Romance

Ally.Always.Reads (allym612) | 33 comments I’m a big fan of Cate Beauman’s Bodyguards of LA County series.
I wouldn’t say that the females are weak but they know that they need help and protection.

I wasn’t a big fan of book 1 so if you don’t like that one, don’t stop. I promise they get A LOT better!!

message 4: by Liz (new)

Liz | 7 comments Kathy wrote: "I want a romantic suspense where the heroine is not a super strong woman. No FBI or Special Forces or anything like that. She can be brainy with computer smarts, not geeky, or maybe something usual..."

Try Midnight Man by Lisa Marie Rice

message 5: by Joyce (new)

Joyce  | 77 comments I can’t think of one alpha male book that didn’t have some kind of sex scene in it, but I hope you find what your looking for.

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 99 comments Joyce wrote: "I can’t think of one alpha male book that didn’t have some kind of sex scene in it, but I hope you find what your looking for."

As I said, I don't mind explicit sex scenes. I just don't want extremes like clean romance or erotica.

message 7: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 99 comments Nikki wrote: "Hi Kathy! I just happened to see your post and thought my newest release might be of interest to you. If not, I hope you find what you're looking for. Happy reading! :)

[book:192: A Dark Mafia Bod..."

Hi, Nikki,
Thanks for sharing. If your book is really what I'm looking for, I'll let you know.

message 8: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 99 comments Allyson ☘️ wrote: "I’m a big fan of Cate Beauman’s Bodyguards of LA County series.
I wouldn’t say that the females are weak but they know that they need help and protection.

I wasn’t a big fan of book 1 so if you ..."

Wow, an 11-book series. I'm definitely adding this one to my list on Amazon. Thanks.

message 9: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 99 comments Liz wrote: "Kathy wrote: "I want a romantic suspense where the heroine is not a super strong woman. No FBI or Special Forces or anything like that. She can be brainy with computer smarts, not geeky, or maybe s..."

Thanks, Liz. Added this one to my list.

message 10: by Uvi (new)

Uvi | 14 comments Tiffany Snow”s Kathleen Turner series kind of matches your requirements except one of the Mc’s is rich. I don’t think he is billionaire (lol)but he is a CEO so he might have some millions stashed

message 11: by It's Me - Yvette (new)

It's Me - Yvette (yvette1000) | 7 comments I love the Karen Rose romantic suspenses, and highly recommend. This is the first book Don't Tell. The series, for me, just gets better.

message 12: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 99 comments Thanks to all. I have a list for these books on Amazon, so I'm adding the recs as they come in.

message 13: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 99 comments Uvi wrote: "Tiffany Snow”s Kathleen Turner series kind of matches your requirements except one of the Mc’s is rich. I don’t think he is billionaire (lol)but he is a CEO so he might have some millions stashed"

Thanks, Uvi. I wouldn't have thought that series would have the type of female I'm looking for. But I've added it to my list.

message 14: by Carvanz (new)

Carvanz | 77 comments I have to second LIz's rec. Midnight Man and that whole series pretty much covers what you're asking for.