Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Veil of the Deserters (Bloodsounder's Arc, #2)
This topic is about Veil of the Deserters
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Veil of the Deserters [Nov 1, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

message 2: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Starting tomorrow.

message 3: by Soo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Soo (silverlyn) | 5346 comments I'll join in for talks as they come up. Curious to see what others think of it.

message 4: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm about 10% done. It picks up where we left off and the pacing is a bit slow.

Is anybody else still in?

message 5: by Soo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Soo (silverlyn) | 5346 comments Pace wise, it's similar to the first book. It takes a bit to get going but it will. I felt this one was definitely a transition piece but it has it's own mini-plot & conclusion.

message 6: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Soo wrote: "Pace wise, it's similar to the first book. It takes a bit to get going but it will. I felt this one was definitely a transition piece but it has it's own mini-plot & conclusion."

I'm about 20% now and the inclusion of his sister was like a breath of fresh air. You needed somebody as a counterbalance.

message 7: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm about three-quarters done. I've enjoyed this one more than the first. The new characters have really balanced Braylar and company.

message 8: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

This was 4.5*'s. I'm really surprised nobody else continued this. It's been really good. I hope JS writes another series soon. Since I'm the only one left I'm probably not going to wait for Dec 1st to start the last book.

message 9: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4603 comments Mod
Scott wrote: "This was 4.5*'s. I'm really surprised nobody else continued this. It's been really good. I hope JS writes another series soon. Since I'm the only one left I'm probably not going to wait for Dec 1st..."

Glad you enjoyed it! The first book is really more of a set up/introduction and this book you get a lot more. :)

message 10: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angela | 3603 comments Mod
Wonderful to hear you enjoyed this one Scott. I really enjoyed this series. 😂😂It was probably the last buddy read Jenna and I did together.

message 11: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angela wrote: "Wonderful to hear you enjoyed this one Scott. I really enjoyed this series. 😂😂It was probably the last buddy read Jenna and I did together."

I think it was. Neither of us do that many buddy reads.. :p

message 12: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenna wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it! The first book is really more of a set up/introduction and this book you get a lot more. :)."

Adding his sister was super important to the story.

message 13: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenna wrote: "Angela wrote: "Wonderful to hear you enjoyed this one Scott. I really enjoyed this series. 😂😂It was probably the last buddy read Jenna and I did together."

I think it was. Neither of us do that ma..."

Angela wrote: "Wonderful to hear you enjoyed this one Scott. I really enjoyed this series. 😂😂It was probably the last buddy read Jenna and I did together."

Book 3 of Path to Ascendency and book 1 of Witness are coming out next year!

I mirrored Angela and Miche on their Malazan read.

message 14: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angela | 3603 comments Mod
Jenna, I am reading Wrath right now!

I know Scott. I'm looking forward to being up to date and having new releases for Malazan.

message 15: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angela wrote: "Jenna, I am reading Wrath right now!

I know Scott. I'm looking forward to being up to date and having new releases for Malazan."

Haha I noticed that right after I posted my comment here.