Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Scourge of the Betrayer (Bloodsounder's Arc, #1)
This topic is about Scourge of the Betrayer
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Scourge of the Betrayer [Oct 1, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Miche (new)

Miche | 3175 comments I'm interested, so I will leave a maybe. ;-)

message 3: by Mayim (new) - added it

Mayim de Vries | 2948 comments Interested. Tempted. Perhaps.

message 4: by Virginie (new) - added it

Virginie | 5795 comments Tentative in :)

message 5: by Chris (new) - added it

Chris  (haughtc) | 1768 comments I'm definitely in, after reading a short story set in this world today.

message 6: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4603 comments Mod
Chris wrote: "I'm definitely in, after reading a short story set in this world today."

The one from Evil is a Matter of Perspective: An Anthology of Antagonists? If you liked the story, you'll love this series.

message 7: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - added it

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7555 comments Mod
Mebe

message 8: by Chris (new) - added it

Chris  (haughtc) | 1768 comments That's the one, Jenna. Definitely looking forward to it now...

message 9: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Starting on time.

message 10: by Bea (new) - rated it 2 stars

Bea | 2052 comments I'll try to find time for this one but I will probably be a few days late.

message 11: by Soo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Soo (silverlyn) | 5346 comments I'm in. =) I'll probably start on the 1st.

message 12: by Janny (new) - added it

Janny (jannywurts) | 271 comments I truly loved this trilogy - it had a lot of humor, an intriguing way of developing the plot, and bounced in very unexpected directions.

Loriidae | 305 comments I have read the first few pages, as I have 3 books set for Sep 1.

Loriidae | 305 comments Janny wrote: "I truly loved this trilogy - it had a lot of humor, an intriguing way of developing the plot, and bounced in very unexpected directions."

That's good to hear!

message 15: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

I'm about 10% through. There don't appear to be any chapters. I'm reading this off of Hoopla. Just finished up with Rokliss's demise. Pretty funny.

Loriidae | 305 comments 20% in, the content in the tavern was too crude for me, so if that is a prelude of what's to come, this may not be my book. I am however intrigued by the idea of the scribe accompanying the group as record keeper.

Choko (chokog) | 7696 comments I just finished the tavern episode and I felt a lot like you, Loridae. It is jarring to read this kind of prose when it is not the usual fair, but I am intrigued and have hopes. I felt so bad ithe proprietor and his pathetic little family... I was so scared for them and really hope later on in the book we don't learn that (view spoiler)

message 18: by Soo (last edited Oct 01, 2018 05:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Soo (silverlyn) | 5346 comments I finished. Arkamondos is not who I would have imagined to record an adventure.

Inn Room @ Beginning: (view spoiler)

Inn Scene 2: (view spoiler)

message 19: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4603 comments Mod
Scott wrote: "There don't appear to be any chapters."

Yes, this was an issue when Angela and I were doing a BR and trying to mark spoilers.

Choko (chokog) | 7696 comments That thing after the battle, about 35% in, (view spoiler)

message 21: by Soo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Soo (silverlyn) | 5346 comments Agreed. (view spoiler)

Choko (chokog) | 7696 comments Up to about 50% and the structure of the slave soldiers is definitely based on the Otoman Empire. They used to take a male child, from the countries they had taken over, per family, it had to be between the ages of five and six, and they would brainwash them, teach and train them, calling the Sultan their Father, and would be pure fanatics... One of those kids turned out to be the greatest Scourge on Bulgaria, despite being Bulgarian born... Just a little FYI 😊

message 23: by Soo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Soo (silverlyn) | 5346 comments Ooo nice!

message 24: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

40%

(view spoiler)

message 25: by Bea (new) - rated it 2 stars

Bea | 2052 comments I started yesterday but I only read about 25 pages so far.

message 26: by Bea (new) - rated it 2 stars

Bea | 2052 comments Finished.

It was an ok book for me.
(view spoiler)

message 27: by Soo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Soo (silverlyn) | 5346 comments Overall - (view spoiler)

message 28: by Bea (new) - rated it 2 stars

Bea | 2052 comments Soo wrote: "Overall "

(view spoiler)

message 29: by Soo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Soo (silverlyn) | 5346 comments I think more will come out in the next book. That's my hope!

message 30: by Janny (new) - added it

Janny (jannywurts) | 271 comments Soo wrote: "I think more will come out in the next book. That's my hope!"

If you read the trilogy in its entirety, plenty happens; the build is paced deliberately, and it takes some very explosive twists and turns. Definitely that rarely unpredictable story.

message 31: by Soo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Soo (silverlyn) | 5346 comments That's great. I may not wait for the buddy read to read the other two books. =)