World, Writing, Wealth discussion

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 16031 comments We have different techniques and devices attempting to decipher peoples body language, expressions and thoughts, starting from physiognomy and to lie detector. If thought is indeed a chemical reaction and/or an electric discharge, can these be scanned and detected at some stage, so that thought/dream scanner would become possible?

message 2: by Ian (new)

Ian Miller | 11762 comments I think we have advanced to where scanners can pick up signals well enough to have them relayed to machines so that it is possible to do some very basic things remotely, but it is very very basic, and not much use (as I have heard). It is reasonably easy to scan a simple electrical discharge, but chemical reactions are not really scannable yet (and I don't see how they could become scannable) and electrical ones in the brain are probably over very small distances and there will be a number going in different directions, so what you see will be very complicated, with various signals contradicting each other.

message 3: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 6151 comments So, no thought scanning in the near future. The best news I've had today. Very little privacy left, and I'm glad no one can know what I'm thinking.