Challenge Corner discussion

The Hazel Wood (The Hazel Wood, #1)
This topic is about The Hazel Wood
Let's Buddy! - Fantasy/Para > The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert -> Restarting February 15th, 2019

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 63670 comments Mod
Seventeen-year-old Alice and her mother have spent most of Alice’s life on the road, always a step ahead of the uncanny bad luck biting at their heels. But when Alice’s grandmother, the reclusive author of a cult-classic book of pitch-dark fairy tales, dies alone on her estate, the Hazel Wood, Alice learns how bad her luck can really get: her mother is stolen away―by a figure who claims to come from the Hinterland, the cruel supernatural world where her grandmother's stories are set. Alice's only lead is the message her mother left behind: “Stay away from the Hazel Wood.”

Alice has long steered clear of her grandmother’s cultish fans. But now she has no choice but to ally with classmate Ellery Finch, a Hinterland superfan who may have his own reasons for wanting to help her. To retrieve her mother, Alice must venture first to the Hazel Wood, then into the world where her grandmother's tales began―and where she might find out how her own story went so wrong

message 2: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new) - rated it 3 stars

Andy | 9976 comments Mod
23% (view spoiler)

39% (view spoiler)

message 3: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new) - rated it 3 stars

Andy | 9976 comments Mod
49% (view spoiler)

72% (view spoiler)

Finished (view spoiler)

message 4: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 63670 comments Mod

RESTARTING FEBRUARY 15TH, 2019

message 5: by Kim (last edited Feb 23, 2019 07:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim | 1811 comments 15% I like this angsty chick. I’m curious to see how fantastical this story will be, or if it’s going to have fantasy along the periphery but never commit and keep me guessing.

47% I don’t know how to hide spoilers so I will be broad with my comments. I am so hooked on this one! I’m loving the fantastical twists going on (twice killed Katherine?! What!). I’m excited to see where this goes and the next scene location.

70% Ooo plot twist! I’m not gonna lie, I did NOT see that one coming. I love it and hate it and also want to believe that something is coming down the line.

The magic is starting to happen and I’m in this!

message 6: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim | 1811 comments Can’t edit my previous post from my phone so instead here’s a separate!

Finished! I’m not 100% sure how I feel about this ending. While some parts were fast moving and almost sporadic, I did like the unconventional ending. I liked the way the author wrapped things up at the end and didn’t leave things hanging.

Keri | 1851 comments I just learned how to hide spoilers, here’s how in case you want to later!
You just type whatever you want to show, then when you want some of it hidden for spoiler, you type this next part:
<*spoiler> now everything you type will be hidden in spoiler until you type *spoiler> then it goes back to being visible to everyone.
You don’t put in the * I put those so it would show and not change to the spoiler link.

message 8: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim | 1811 comments Keri wrote: "I just learned how to hide spoilers, here’s how in case you want to later!
You just type whatever you want to show, then when you want some of it hidden for spoiler, you type this next part:
now e..."

thank you!!!

Keri | 1851 comments Ch.13
(view spoiler)

message 10: by Keri (new) - rated it 2 stars

Keri | 1851 comments Ch.21
(view spoiler)

message 11: by Keri (new) - rated it 2 stars

Keri | 1851 comments Ch.22
(view spoiler)

message 12: by Keri (new) - rated it 2 stars

Keri | 1851 comments Ch.25