Just One More Chapter discussion

On-going Challenges > Quote Your Books

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AttWaq, Head Mod (new)

AttWaq | 598 comments Mod
description
QUOTE YOUR BOOKS
This is very simple. Choose the number of books you want to read for this challenge. You have to read books that you can in any way relate to the "quotes" given below.
That can include
--Reading the book from which the Quote is taken
--Reading the book written by the author who said the quote
--Reading a book in which a character or story reminds you of the Quote
--Reading a book which has major words from quote in its title (doesnot include articles, prepositions, conjunctions)

Quotes
1.“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss

2.“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
― Bernard M. Baruch

3.“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”

― William W. Purkey

4.“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
― Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches

5.“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
― Marilyn Monroe

6.“To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

7.“Well, when I was five, I wanted my mother to let me go around and around inside a dryer with the clothes,” Clary said. “The difference is, she didn’t let me.”
“Probably because going around and around in a dryer can be fatal,” Jace pointed out, “whereas pasta is rarely fatal. Unless Isabelle makes it.”

― Cassandra Clare, City of Bones

8. “You left me. You made a pet out of me, and then you left me. If love were food, I would have starved on the bones you gave me.”
― Cassandra Clare, City of Fallen Angels

9. “It always shocked me when I realized that I wasn’t the only person in the world who thought and felt such strange and awful things.”
― John Green, Looking for Alaska

10. “What we think to be our greatest weakness can sometimes be our biggest strength.”
― Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Wings and Ruin

message 2: by Hanya (new)

Hanya Khan (hanya_khan) | 304 comments Participants: