What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Y/A Sci Fi-esque -Homosapiens and homo-cognisens? Girl rebels against society and cares for a guy who is a Cog, smarter and more 'advanced' than homo-sapiens. Spoilers.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Invie (new)

Invie Beverly | 1 comments So far, the only thing I can remember is that there were homo-sapiens, and homo-cognisens ( spelling? ), and even though the latter were the one-up of homo sapiens, they were looked down on. Those who had the trait were ostracized and given medicine/drugs that repress it? Maybe?

A girl meets a male homo-c, and though she's told to stay away, she doesn't. There's a fire at a club, they go and hide in a cave. She doesn't see him at some point, so she goes to his apartment and he's sick?

He is given some sort of drug and undergoes mental training in his mind somewhere?

I read this book around 2010.
It's driving me nuts, I can't figure it out.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
What's the time period and location - distant future Earth, country/region/big city/small town, fantasy world, etc.?

How is this society different from today's world (e.g., social values, politics, environment)?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40687 comments Mod
Invie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?