Gorgeous Guys, Beautiful Books, and Occasional Vampires discussion

Book Discussions > The Mortal Instrument Series

Comments Showing 1-50 of 279 (279 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I love this book..... so talk away!

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney OMG!!!!

***SPOILERS ALERT****

I love this series soooo much! I love Jace he's the perfect cocky sexy guy. I was heart broken when I found out they were siblings but I never believed it. Or at least I hoped they weren't, lol. Then I read City of Glass and it was one of my favorite books ever.

I love when Valentine is about to die and look at Clary with this horrified but yet respectful somehow expression. Then he says, "Clary, what have you done?" I love that!!!

message 3: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments My favorite book from the series was City of Ashes because Jace and Clary are just getting to know each other and there are no holds barred in their fights. Like when she slaps him in the elevator for his "I was 90% sure it was going to work." Then she slaps him to make up for the "other 10%". And everything's not complicated with the "I'm in love with my (so-called) sibling".

message 4: by Courtney (new)

Courtney yea I love when she slaps him. It's soooooo funny. But he getts really pissed. I like when they are in love. It's cute. I like when they have to kiss at the faire's place. I couldn't believe Jace at the end with his whole, "I just want to be your brother" I was screaming, "NOOOOO Jace!!! Let her talk. She wants to confess her love!!!!!" lol

message 5: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments I really don't remember much of that part. I must've slept through the second book because all I really remember from it is the boat scene at the end. I remember the Silent Brothers and Jace being chained in the cell. That's about it.

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanthan) Yeah, I was so mad when Jace tried his brief stint as a good brother. I'm glad that's all resolved.

message 7: by Courtney (new)

Courtney totally. I mean, Jace isn't much of a 'keep his feelings a secret' kind of guy. If Jace is mad, he shows it, and makes everyone around him mad too. So I was super suprised about when he did that.

message 8: by Rebecca ❤ Bea ❤ (last edited Aug 19, 2009 03:15PM) (new)

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 35 comments I was screaming my head of at that bit. It was so frustrating and really sad.

message 9: by Courtney (new)

Courtney me too. I was also screaming when in City of Glass, Clary was like, "Get off me Jace" and he said, "What?" and she said,"You heard me, off!" That was so annyoing, she just wanted him off because she didn't like it that he called himself a demon. I was like Jace don't be stupid and Clary you guys love eachother, don't be supid. You might not get to do this again for all you know. So don't ruining the perfect kissing moment!

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 35 comments I no, I wouldn't have cared what he called himself he's just way too hot to let something as insignificant as thinking your a demon get in the way. But i do feel so sorry for Jace cos he thinks he's all evil and everything. Poor baby.

message 11: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments I was with Clary on that one. If he's going to call himself a demon, I'm not about to give in to him, even if he is hot. He's going to change his mindset first.

message 12: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Well, I'm in the middle there. I think he should have just snapped out of it, I mean, everyone can tell he's too nice and amazing to be a demon. But I don't think I could pull away from him like that. I'm weak I tell you! One hot guy and I melt. WEAK!

message 13: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments Uh...guys...has anyone else checked out Cassandra Clare's page here? Because if there's not a mistake...there's going to be a 4th Mortal Instruments book called City of Fallen Angels. And I know she's got that prequel series, The Clockwork *Insert Here*, but this wasn't it. It specifically said "Mortal Instruments #4".

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 35 comments ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

message 15: by Holly (last edited Aug 24, 2009 03:54PM) (new)

Holly | 139 comments Here's what I've copied right from Clare's livejournal page:

The story follows Simon, a character from the first three Mortal Instruments novels, City of Bones, City of Ashes and City of Glass, as he adjusts to life as a vampire. City of Fallen Angels will publish in hardcover in March 2011, followed by a paperback edition in July 2012.

Love, blood, betrayal and revenge — the stakes are higher than ever in City of Fallen Angels. Simon Lewis is having some trouble adjusting to his new life as a vampire, especially now that he hardly sees his best friend Clary, who is caught up in training to be a Shadowhunter—and spending time with her new boyfriend Jace. Not to mention that Simon doesn't quite know how to handle the pressure of not-quite-dating two girls at once. What's a daylight-loving vampire to do? Simon decides he needs a break and heads out of the city—only to discover that sinister events are following him. Realizing that the war they thought they'd won might not yet be over, Simon has to call on his Shadowhunter friends to save the day — if they can put their own splintering relationships on hold long enough to rise to the challenge.

the film rights to The Mortal Instruments have been optioned by Unique Features. This is a film production company set up by former founders and co-presidents of New Line Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne, who oversaw the production of the Lord of the Rings movies — probably my favorite fantasy movies of all time. They're very dedicated to fantasy and they understand it, and I definitely trust them with the story of the Mortal Instruments.

(That last bit about the movie came as I surprise to me, Holly, but I think it'll be good. Something else to talk about now!)

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 35 comments Simon? i don't really like Simon but I'm still well excited. Splintering Relationship? do you think that means Clary and Jace?

Thats great if they are gonna make the films. I just hope they get it right.

message 17: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I hate simon, but I will still love to read the book. I hope they either get the film right, or don't make on at all. Because I'm sick and tired of Hollywood messing up my favorite books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 35 comments same

message 19: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments I really don't know what to think. Jace had better be someone SUPER HOT, not like Elijah Wood or anything (no offense to anyone). It had better be loaded with special effects and the characters had better be believable.

I wonder if they'll leave in the plot line about them being siblings because that will gross a lot of potential viewers away...

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 35 comments They better leave that in, its a huge part of the plot. I hope they don't make it really family friendly. And I hope its quite dark and sexy not all sparkly glittery magic.

message 21: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments Yes! Can you imagine what the institute would look like if it wasn't kind of dark and minus the weapons room? I love that line about selling his stuff on eBay.

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 35 comments yeah thats brilliant. I no what you mean about the institute but i didn't really just mean dark as in colors but also the kinda mood. I don't want them to just make it into a magical adventure kinda thing, they need to leave in the dark, I don't no perhaps almost glamourous, sexy element to the whole thing. I don't think I'm really explaining myself very well...

message 23: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments No, I get it. It's like these later Potter movies where everything is just dangerous and seeped in deception. Yet at the same time, they have humor and love. Maybe that will be their model because it's been proven to work.

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 35 comments yeah but I don't really like the potter films although I haven't seen the 6th which is meant to be the best.

message 25: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments I think it is and that's saying something because I hold Prisoner of Azkaban and Order of the Phoenix to high standards.

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 35 comments I liked the 4th one best.

message 27: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments That wasn't bad, but it wasn't my favorite. Of course, it did have Robert Pattinson (and I so had a huge crush on him before I'd ever even heard of Twilight), which gives it brownie points. But...I don't like the Crouches. The older one is just retarded, and his son is so evil. Maybe that's a sign that it was good, it was so believable.

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 35 comments The younger crouch was played by David Tenant whom my six year old sister is in love with.

message 29: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments Is he like, really popular in England? Because I've never heard of him, but that also could be just me.

message 30: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Hey I agree with thr dark sexy mood. But your right, viewers who haven't read the book might be creeped out about the whole siblings thing. But they have to leave it in. GOD I HATE HOLLYWOOD AND BOOKS! They just don't mix!

message 31: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments You'd think they'd be more imaginative, but most of the stuff coming out is based off of books. I know that's kind of cool, seeing your favorite characters on TV if they can actually pull it off, but seriously? Sometimes the stuff is better left on the page.

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 35 comments Rebecca ❤ Bea ❤ wrote: "The younger crouch was played by David Tenant whom my six year old sister is in love with. "

He plays Doctor Who. You've heard of doctor who, right? Yeah he's pretty huge. And i so agree, they better not mess it up.

message 33: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i think doctor who is popular in the uk (i love david tennant and my mum doesnt understand why but i think it has to do with his scottish accent.
anywho i love love love the mortal instruments its so the best series ever

message 34: by Noël (new)

Noël | 4 comments hey i juat joined this group...the mortal intstruments series is one of my favorite series. I absolutely love jace and clary and i cant wait til the next book comes out!

message 35: by Courtney (new)

Courtney the next book? you mean that one that takes place in their world but is from simon's point of view?

message 36: by Noël (new)

Noël | 4 comments yea thats probably the one. I believe its called The Infernal Devices.

message 37: by Courtney (new)

Courtney oh really? I'll look it up

message 38: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments The Infernal Devices is a prequel series to The Mortal Instruments, taking place a couple hundred years before Mortal Instruments. City of Fallen Angels is the sequel to Mortal Instruments.

...Why do I always feel like a teacher here? I'm always explaining something...not that I mind.

message 39: by Courtney (new)

Courtney lol, sorry. I heard it was about Simon though. Actualyl then I heard it was about Magus. Which is it?

You know you don't have to post if all of our comments bug you and make you feel like the teacher. You shouldn't have to feel obligated to do so. It's ok.

message 40: by Noël (new)

Noël | 4 comments Sorry...more questions for you to answer. Who is City of Fallen Angels about?

message 41: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments City of Fallen Angels is, supposedly, from Simon's point of view and he's trying to adjust to life as a sun-loving vampire. But something happens and he's got to get Clary and his other Shadowhunter friends together to fight whatever it is.

message 42: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Holly wrote: "The Infernal Devices is a prequel series to The Mortal Instruments, taking place a couple hundred years before Mortal Instruments. City of Fallen Angels is the sequel to Mortal Instruments.

......"

Ok your counteracting yourself here, was it a couple hundred years before the Mortal Instruments or was it from Simon's point of view? Cause I don't think he's that old...lol

message 43: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments No, City of Fallen Angels takes place where City of Glass left off. But The Infernal Devices is something completely different. It takes place in Victorian England, I believe, and it deals with completely different characters.

Does that help or not?

message 44: by Courtney (new)

Courtney oh so there's TWO new books. Lol, got it!

message 45: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) the infernal devices is the prequel to the mortal instruments i think it will be a series and it should have some of the characters that are in the mortal instruments. i think the infernal devices is supposed to be out next year and then the year after that city of fallen angels will be out

message 46: by Courtney (new)

Courtney really? That might be why I can't find it when I search it on here.

message 47: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) which one cant you find the 4th mortal istruments or the infernal devices

message 48: by Courtney (new)

Courtney both

message 49: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i have found both on goodreads just go into my books and then onto to-read books

message 50: by Sar (new)

Sar (sarahjstraley) LOVE THIS SERIES!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Gorgeous Guys, Beautiful Books, and Occasional...

unread topics | mark unread