What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Child of the Morning
This topic is about Child of the Morning
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Read in the 90's: YA Fiction, about a girl with epilepsy that wanted to be a ballet dancer. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shann (shanntajiah) | 6 comments If I remember correctly, the cover was shades of pink with a teen girl's profile - there seemed to be sheer curtains billowing behind her. I think the title had "Child of..." in it, but I'm not sure.
The story centered around a teen girl who either at the beginning of the book, or shortly before the story began, had found out that she had epilepsy. She wanted to be a part of a talent show, or some kind of show that her high school was putting on, but she was told by her doctors or mother that she could no longer dance. There is a young man in the story that either helps her with her music, choreography or both. There is a bit of romance in the novel if I recall.
At the end she does decide to perform her dance, but at the end of her performance she has an epileptic episode. She performs her dance behind sheer curtains. She is embarrassed, but is told that her performance was amazing and that the lighting people had faded the lights to make it look like it was meant to be a part of the performance.

message 3: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 989 comments Could it be Falling for Joshua by Brian Kearney? I can't remember if she did ballet, but her epilepsy is a major part of the plot and the cover is a good match!

message 4: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2516 comments Child of the Morning by Barbara Corcoran. See link for cover.
https://www.librarything.com/work/185...

Shann (shanntajiah) | 6 comments yes, yes!! Thank you!! It's Child of the Morning :)