YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Triple Peaks (F) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vendea (last edited Jul 14, 2018 01:36AM) (new)

Vendea | 209 comments Team Members:
Vendea
Ally
Rachel
Gabi
Disha
Guiana
Olivia
Jeanine
Attack Salmon

Main thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Don't forget to check in here ;)

message 2: by guiana! (new)

guiana! (gvianai) | 311 comments Yay! Thanks for making the thread :) Can’t wait to start!

message 3: by Vendea (new)

Vendea | 209 comments Same! :)

message 4: by Katarzyna (new)

Katarzyna (katarzynamarie) | 114 comments Hey everyone! Checking in! I can't wait to get this challenge started! :)

message 5: by guiana! (new)

guiana! (gvianai) | 311 comments Olivia wrote: "Chloe wrote: "Hey everyone! Checking in! I can't wait to get this challenge started! :)"

hey yall how is everyone weekend? what kind of books is everyone gonna be reading or is still reading there?"

I have a couple planned but I'm mostly just going on with whatever I'm reading and finding a description that fits it. You?

message 6: by Vendea (new)

Vendea | 209 comments Olivia wrote: "Chloe wrote: "Hey everyone! Checking in! I can't wait to get this challenge started! :)"

hey yall how is everyone weekend? what kind of books is everyone gonna be reading or is still reading there?"

Hey hey, I have nothing particular planned but I am planning mostly to read some sequels, so I'm gonna go with that and see if they fit. What about you? :)

message 7: by Disha (new)

Disha | 9 comments Hey guyz! M trying this for the frst time.. Hope u guyz would help me ... Does a book strted before the month count?🙄

message 8: by Vendea (new)

Vendea | 209 comments Disha wrote: "Hey guyz! M trying this for the frst time.. Hope u guyz would help me ... Does a book strted before the month count?🙄"

Welcome welcome! I think only the number of pages you read since 1st of July count. So yes, that book counts if it fits category, but only the page count read in July.

message 9: by Disha (new)

Disha | 9 comments Does the review of the book must include some specific things? Or it can be a general review🤔🤔

message 10: by Vendea (new)

Vendea | 209 comments Disha wrote: "Does the review of the book must include some specific things? Or it can be a general review🤔🤔"

I think it can be general, the way you usually write it :)

message 11: by Disha (new)

Disha | 9 comments Thank u :)

message 12: by guiana! (new)

guiana! (gvianai) | 311 comments You can also do 4 detailed updates, but I don’t know how that would work without showing too much spoilers 🤔

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Buckley (rachelbuckley3) | 110 comments Just checking in! Can't wait to get this challenge started :)

message 14: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Olivia wrote: "Chloe wrote: "Hey everyone! Checking in! I can't wait to get this challenge started! :)"

Hey everyone! It's so nice to meet y'all! I'm really excited for this challenge. This one looks really easy to find books that fit the categories!

As for books planned, I'm going to try and tackle one book at a time this time! Sometimes I get really excited and plan out too many books to handle.

message 15: by kento (new)

kento (daechwita) | 968 comments Hi! Checking in! :)

message 16: by guiana! (new)

guiana! (gvianai) | 311 comments Alright! Just one more person left to check in now :)

message 17: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments There are four other fun teams for this month's challenge! What do you guys think? Think we can beat them this month?

message 18: by Vendea (new)

Vendea | 209 comments No idea, but I am sure we can try our best and most importantly, have fun! :)

message 19: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85729 comments Mod
Hi Team Triple Peaks, just to let you know that Chloe has switched to solo for July, so she'll be leaving your team ☺

message 20: by guiana! (new)

guiana! (gvianai) | 311 comments Thanks for informing us!

message 21: by guiana! (new)

guiana! (gvianai) | 311 comments Are you guys ready? The challenge starts tomorrow for me :)

message 22: by Vendea (new)

Vendea | 209 comments Yup! :)

message 23: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments I'm ready, and super excited! I think I'm coming down with a cold today (I blame my brothers, they gave it to me XD) so no reading tonight, but maybe that'll mean extra reading+hot tea tomorrow! <3

How about you guys? You know what books you want to read first? I heard really good things about All The Boys I Loved Before, so I think I'll be reading that one this week.

message 24: by guiana! (new)

guiana! (gvianai) | 311 comments Hope you're feeling better!

I've already finished two books. They were poetry books though, and they don't reach the minimum page count so I'll have to build up on the count to reach the minimum. That means I'll definitely be reading more poetry books. I'm also currently reading A Monster Calls, which people keep torturing me to read because it's pretty hyped up.

Have you started All The Boys I Loved Before, Gabi? If so, how is it so far?

How's everyone's reading going?

message 25: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Buckley (rachelbuckley3) | 110 comments Gabi wrote: "I'm ready, and super excited! I think I'm coming down with a cold today (I blame my brothers, they gave it to me XD) so no reading tonight, but maybe that'll mean extra reading+hot tea tomorrow! <3..."

I just finished the To All the Boys I've Loved Before series! It was so good. I highly recommend it 😊

message 26: by Vendea (new)

Vendea | 209 comments I managed to read two books yesterday which I am happy about, but right now I am pretty torn between few books and don't know what to read first because some of them are Arcs. But I am probably stick with Legendary because it's part of BR here, so we can get more points :)

message 27: by guiana! (new)

guiana! (gvianai) | 311 comments Have you guys seen the serious teams’ leaderboard? They’re almost at 30 points!

message 28: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments That is insanely fast! Those serious teams are, well...serious (ba dum tss) XD

Today didn't go so swell, so I couldn't get any reading in :( On the upside, I think I found a buddy read for To All The Boys I've Loved Before!

And I can't believe you already knocked out two books, Vendea! That's awesome! What books are you torn between reading? Maybe we can do a little poll here to help you decide :)

message 29: by guiana! (new)

guiana! (gvianai) | 311 comments I think we have a total of 7 points so far! That's pretty good already :)

And yes, a poll would be a good idea! Or a TBR jar :)

message 30: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments 7 points is amazing for 2 days in!
What is a TBR jar?

message 31: by guiana! (new)

guiana! (gvianai) | 311 comments Basically, you write the titles of all the books on your TBR on different sheets of paper, roll them up or fold them and put them in a jar or mug or whatever you want. Then, you'd pick a piece of paper from the jar and that's the book you'd read! The jar pretty much decides which book you should read next. It's useful for indecisive people like me who're always torn on which books to read >.<

message 32: by Ally (new)

Ally (allyspages) | 33 comments checking in! sorry for being late! I'm currently reading The Assassin's Blade. :)

message 33: by guiana! (new)

guiana! (gvianai) | 311 comments Oops, I miscalculated! (I just got out of this school year and I’ve already given up on how to do the most basic of all basics in math :p) We actually have a total of 11 points, and we’re leading! Whoop whoop!

message 34: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Guiana wrote: "Oops, I miscalculated! (I just got out of this school year and I’ve already given up on how to do the most basic of all basics in math :p) We actually have a total of 11 points, and we’re leading! ..."

Woot woot, we're in the lead!!! :D And no worries, math is my toughest subject. The other day I thought 5 feet was taller than my 5'8'' brother XD But in my defense, I was really tired!

Ally wrote: "checking in! sorry for being late! I'm currently reading The Assassin's Blade. :)"

Welcome to Team Triple Peaks, Ally!! Glad you could make it!

message 35: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Hey guys! My family and I are helping out so my mom can rest up. I don't think I'll be able to read as many books as I had thought this month, but I'll still keep up with reading! Right now I'm just making sure my mom's resting. She's so antsy, she makes it a challenge to keep her in bed <3

message 36: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Looks like I'm back into the reading groove! I had to put aside To All The Boys I've Loved Before for another time, but right now I am reading the second Magnus Chase book for page points!

What are you guys currently reading?

message 37: by Vendea (new)

Vendea | 209 comments I am currently switching between 3 books : War Storm, Whichwood and final book in Luxe series. I ma trying to finish War Storm first, because that book is monster.

message 38: by guiana! (new)

guiana! (gvianai) | 311 comments I’m in a reading slump right now so it’s been just ugh >.< I’m reading All in Pieces by Suzanne Young to hopefully get me back on track :)

message 39: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments It IS a monster! I've been working on it since last month!

I also hope All in Pieces gets you out that reading slump, Guiana =)

message 40: by guiana! (new)

guiana! (gvianai) | 311 comments Thanks :D

I went into this month thinking that I’ll fly through War Storm too but I read the first page and realized that I completely forgot everything that happened in King’s Cage.. Whoops? It’s either a reread (scared though because Red Queen books are long) or a recap from sparknotes for me 😪

message 41: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85729 comments Mod
Hello Team Triple Peaks, just to let you know that I am adding Attack Salmon to your team ☺

message 42: by Disha (new)

Disha | 9 comments I hav just finished a book and reviewed it.. But m realy confused what to do next.. I use tha app.. So does that copy psting link of the review thing will work here?😥

message 43: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Sarah wrote: "Hello Team Triple Peaks, just to let you know that I am adding Attack Salmon to your team ☺"

Thank you, Sarah!

message 44: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Disha wrote: "I hav just finished a book and reviewed it.. But m realy confused what to do next.. I use tha app.. So does that copy psting link of the review thing will work here?😥"

I'm not sure! I've never used the app for posting reviews, but I just saw your post on the review thread! It looks like everything worked out okay :)

message 45: by Attack Salmon (new)

Attack Salmon Signing in!!!

message 46: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Attack Salmon wrote: "Signing in!!!"

Welcome to Team Triple Peaks, Attack Salmon!!

message 47: by Vendea (new)

Vendea | 209 comments Attack Salmon wrote: "Signing in!!!"

Welcome, welcome!

message 48: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Just posted on the review thread! My first audiobook, and it was really good! I'm almost done with two other books, I'm just finishing the reviews for them. How has everyone else been?

message 49: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Challenge is almost over!! I hope everyone had a good time this month!

I can't believe tomorrow is the mega month challenge. I didn't even know there was a mega month challenge! Hope y'all do awesome in that one too! ;)