Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > National Book Festival

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6734 comments One of my favorite events!! The authors have been announced. Personally hoping to see: Jennifer Eagen, Jeffrey Eugenides, Tayari Jones, Celeste Ng, Meg Wolitzer, and Min Jin Lee.

I've seen a bunch of the other big names already, but still looks awesome!

https://www.loc.gov/item/prn-18-084/

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments I wasn’t all that interested last year but this year is a great line up (for me)!

message 3: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 3106 comments I am very tempted. I couldn't do it last year. I went east at the end of October for a family wedding. But I've no previous obligations this year. I'm going to look at airfares.

message 4: by Cora (new)

Cora (corareading) | 1456 comments I really want to go to it one year. Since they have it on labor day weekend, family obligations always get in the way.

message 5: by Karin (last edited Jun 22, 2018 07:02PM) (new)

Karin | 7465 comments Dang--looks good but there are some parent parts of my son's college orientation that starts that weekend, so naturally I need/want to be here for that. It starts August 30 and lasts a week--my part might just be the weekend (I hope).

message 6: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tstan) | 1237 comments Oh my goodness- what a great group of authors and poets! I'm fangirling just reading the list. I will hopefully be at an engagement party- my son's!

message 7: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments I’d love to go and meet up with you again, but I think this might crossover with our family trip to our place in Montauk. Also I just sold my place in Florida, need to find a new place after my August closing. Will let you know how things go, and if I can make it this year, liking the line-up...

message 8: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2098 comments I have never attended a book festival of any kind. This sounds fun. I would love to go.

message 9: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6734 comments It would be awesome to see some other PBT folks at the festival. Kelly and I are definitely planning to go (barring any moving emergencies lot - - I'm in the midst of house selling and a move, and it's purely insane).

If people let me know in advance, I'd be delighted to make a lunch reservation somewhere close by so perhaps we can all gather and get to know each other in person!!

message 10: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6734 comments Ladyslott wrote: "I’d love to go and meet up with you again, but I think this might crossover with our family trip to our place in Montauk. Also I just sold my place in Florida, need to find a new place after my Aug..."

Congrats on selling your place!!! We need to trade stories because this house selling is about to throw me over the edge. Time for a PM catch up!

message 11: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6734 comments Tracy wrote: "Oh my goodness- what a great group of authors and poets! I'm fangirling just reading the list. I will hopefully be at an engagement party- my son's!"

OH! That sounds like the only thing more fun than a book festival, lol. congratulations!!

message 12: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6734 comments Jen and JGrace and Jason, please let me know if you decide to go. Even if you don't want to meet up with Kelly and I for lunch, we should at least connect at one of the sessions or something. It is a little hard because the whole thing is kinda go go go!!

message 13: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tstan) | 1237 comments Anita wrote: "Tracy wrote: "Oh my goodness- what a great group of authors and poets! I'm fangirling just reading the list. I will hopefully be at an engagement party- my son's!"

OH! That sounds like the only th..."

Thanks- we’re excited!

message 14: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2098 comments It is unlikely that I will be able to go, but if I do I will let you know.