Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Autoboyography by Christina Lauren - 4 Stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara (taraash) | 25 comments | really enjoyed this more than I thought I would. At first I was thinking it would just be a cute love story, but there was a wonderfully surprising depth to the novel. This is the story of Tanner, A bi-sexual teen who is temporarily forced back into the closet after moving to a very religious town in Utah. He attends a class Called ' 'The seminar" where students are tasked with writing a book over the course of one semester. What Tanner at first thinks will be an easy assignment, quickly becomes more complicated than he ever anticipated when he starts to fall for Sebastian, the Mormon TA for his class.

I really apreciated the way the book handled religion and sexuality. They never made the church out to be this wholely evil thing, instead there was this huge grey area that the boys had to navigate. Also I really love the way Tanner's bi-sexuality was represented. At one point Sebastian asks Tanner why he wouldn't just be with a girl since that would be easier, and Tanner explains that who he falls for is no more a choice for him as it is for Sebastian. I think there were a lot of important conversations like this one throughout the book, which I enjoyed.

One thing that kind of threw me was that at one point it changes from first person to third. While I completely understand why the authors did this, it was still a little disorienting. I was really scared that I wasn't going to like the ending, but thankfully I did wholeheartedly enjoyed the epilogue.

message 2: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5160 comments Sounds interesting! Onto the TBR it goes...

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9388 comments This does sound intriguing. I think I’d like it too. Concerned about the TPR. Sometimes I wonder if it’s harder to not add then it is to not trim. Feels like an inescapable catch 22. And