Gorgeous Guys, Beautiful Books, and Occasional Vampires discussion

Book Discussions > The Luxe Novels

Comments Showing 1-50 of 181 (181 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I love this book..... so talk away!

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanthan) OMG! Isn't Henry the greatest?! Reply please Coutanany!

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney LOVE HIM SO MUCH THAT I JUST WANT TO JUMP IN THE BOOK, PUSH DIANA (TEMPORAILY) OUT OF THE WAY. KISS THE HECK OUT OF HIM, THEN LEAVE. LOL, HE'S JUST SOOOO HOT. BUT I DO WANT HIM TO BE WITH DIANA

IF HE DIES IN THE ARMY, I'M GOING TO SEND A DETAILED, WELL-WORDED, ANGRY LETTER TO ANNA GOBERSON! I'LL CRY MY EYES OUT FIRST THOUGH

message 4: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) I love Henry..in Rumours and Envy but in The Luxe I liked Will more.. I think. I don't know it's hard to choose.. But I can't wait until Splendor comes out!!! I hope none of them (Teddy, Diana or Henry) dies in the army O__O, I would be so mad! LOL

message 5: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I would be soooo mad and so sad. I couldn't bear it. lol. Do any of you wish that Henry pushed Penelope off the balcany when he had a chance?????

I sort of do, is that evil of me? Well, on the other hand she is evil!

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I would be soooo mad and so sad. I couldn't bear it. lol. Do any of you wish that Henry pushed Penelope off the balcany when he had a chance?????

I sort of do, is that evil of me? Well, on the other hand she is evil!

message 7: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) OMIGOSH! Yes, I very much wanted Henry to push Penelope off the balcony but then I decided that if he were to go to jail for pushing Penelope off.. it would be a very bad thing..

message 8: by Courtney (new)

Courtney lol, your totally right. Guess I never really thought of that one. Maybe they would all guess she fell off by herself or comitted suicide. Maybe Diana could tesify to Henry's wereabouts when it happened. She could be like, "It couldn't have been him. I knew Penelope well. She was a total cluz. Plus Henry with me on the beach the whole time. We were talking about my poor sister's hardship she had to go through and about how much we're glad she back safely."

message 9: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Ahh, yeah.. that's true, it could've happened. I personally don't like Penelope so I would've been fine if she just .. died XD.

message 10: by Courtney (new)

Courtney lol, me too. She ruins everything. Can I tell you this funny thing that I though of? If you know about facebook then you know their a bumper stickers. There just these kinda funny quote that you can make. I made one. But it includes the B-word. I only say that because I got yelled at once in a group for saying that. So can I tell you? Or will that offend you? It's not bad or anything

message 11: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Yeah, you can tell me that.. it won't offend me :)

message 12: by Courtney (last edited Sep 27, 2009 07:50AM) (new)

Courtney Ok, it says

"There's no Bitch like THE Bitch.... Meet Penelope Hayes"

Actually I made it as the picture for our newest poll. Check it out and vote. I made that pic on paint. I even thought of adding the pitch fork and heart. I made up the quote too

message 13: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Haha, it's good. :)

message 14: by Courtney (new)

Courtney really? thx, I thought it was funny

There's this other one for people who like Henry. I also made up this one. It's...

"Who Wants good boys if you could have...HENRY SCHOONMAKER"

message 15: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Ouu, that's a good one too. I love Henry <33, but if Will wouldn't have been KILLED -__-, I think I'd like him more.. Idk, it's too tough to decide :) haha

message 16: by Courtney (new)

Courtney yea, it's tough for a lot of people it seems. Not for me though......

message 17: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) it is, cause they both have aspects about them that make them endearing.. and just people that you'd love.. LOL . i'm guessing you're a henry fan all the way?

message 18: by Courtney (new)

Courtney omg, yesssssssss. i can't help it. He's swave, debonair, sexy, bad boy, devoted, protective, romantic, a 100% MAN. Idk, I know he's sort of a pimp and a drunk, but that's what makes him so unatainable and bad boyish.

message 19: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Ahh, good point. I like him for all those reasons.. but the pimp factor irritates me. Men (guys, whatever, same difference) who are pimps or players bother me to no end. They just like.. use women, and yeah anyways. Will is so sweet, romantic, hard-working and idk, he's got this good-guy vibe almost. LOL

message 20: by Courtney (new)

Courtney He is a good boy, that what makes me like him less actually. Lol, idk why. I hate the whole using women thing too though. It's just it goes good with his personality

message 21: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Yeah, I can see how that would make you like him less, but I think of it more as he's not a guy who's gonna go out and do horrible things to good people, you know? Anyways, yeah.. it does go good with Henry's personality, lol, weird how bad qualities go with a good person and they're still someone who interests you, well people in general.. i mean :)

message 22: by Courtney (new)

Courtney yea :), I like when he says to Diana, "If I promise to let you leave here as pure as when you came will you stay the night with me?" It sounds so hot!

message 23: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) LOL, I sooo do not remember that! In which book is that? The Luxe? That does sound incredibly hot.. I can't wait for the next book XD

message 24: by Courtney (new)

Courtney me toooooo! CAN'T WAIT! That's from the Luxe. Before the whole sceene in Rumors. I kinda hate Lina too. Do you? I mean she's okay, but well.... she's the reason this whole thing really started. Penelope would have had nothing to blackmail Henry, Diana, and Elizabeth with if it wasn't for Lina

message 25: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Ohh, I didn't know that LOL. Oh man, I hate Lina T__T, she is a brat AND a wannabe, I find. That's true, if it hadn't been for Lina none of this would be happening! But if none of this were happening, it'd be an incredibly boring set of books LOL.

message 26: by Courtney (new)

Courtney lol, very true.

message 27: by Courtney (new)

Courtney OMG!!!! Your right she's a total wannabe. She not a rich solaiate. So there!!!! But then she actually is later. I hate that.

message 28: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) HA! Yeah, I know. In the beginning she is such a wannabe socialite and then.. that guy who dies.. makes it happen for her.. I still have this hope that she ends up being poor again :P. I'm so mean, haha.

message 29: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I hope so too!!!!! I'm mean too!!!!!!

message 30: by Courtney (new)

Courtney lol

message 31: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) lol, sometimes being mean has it's benefits ;]

message 32: by Courtney (last edited Aug 24, 2009 08:20AM) (new)

Courtney totally, mean is good. Plus mean is what got all the characters into this mess and mean should be what get's them out of it! jk, lol

message 33: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) haha, that's funny.. but true :)

message 34: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanthan) I like Lina! She's not my favorite character but I feel sympathy for her and I was happy that she inherited the money. I mean, Elizabeth was such a bitch to her so no wonder she was a little spiteful. It must have been horrible waiting on such a brat for all those years and seeing the glamorous life she couldn't have. Only now she's almost as luxe as the rest of them. Did you see Lina on the cover of Splendor? She looks great. What does everyone think of her dress? I love it!

Henry... sigh. I love him soooooooo much. Yes, I'm a sucker for bad boys. I don't really wish he pushed her off... well a little bit, but it would have been awful! I mean #1 then he could go to jail, despite your little plan Courtney. #2 then he would be a MURDERER. Bad boy is one thing, cold blooded killer is another. I think Henry should just stick to seducing.

lol, i luv your Penelope bumper sticker, Courtney! I have it on my facebook (which you know since you sent it to me, but I'm doing a little stealthy advertising for you).

message 35: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Samantha, you have a point. Elizabeth was quite a bitch to Lina but still.. I think that Lina being so spiteful was wrong, like it wasn't that necessary IMO.

That's Lina on the cover of Splendor? I so did not know that! Who is on the other covers.. I always guessed but I've never known for sure who it is.

Yeah.. Henry would go to jail.. if he was caught. Good point, cold blooded killers are a little too much to handle.

message 36: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanthan) Elizabeth was on the cover of The Luxe. Penelope was on Rumors. Diana was on Envy.

message 37: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh, interesting, I was right about The Luxe.

I love the dresses on each cover! I was reading the books in English class earlier this year and my friend kept stealing my book to look at the dresses.. and one of the guys in my class did too.. :S LOL it was really funny.

message 38: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments Since I missed my chance earlier in the conversation, I'm going to side with Mackenzie because Will totally rules. "Sweet" is a word you can apply to Will, but not really to Henry. And Henry is so a player.

I can't even count how many times I've been in this argument of who's better, Will or Henry...it seems like everywhere I've written...

message 39: by Courtney (new)

Courtney yea well, it is a good argument. But FYI Will is DEAD! Lol, not to be mean or anything, lol. I agree Elizabeth was a bitch to Lina, but that doesn't mean she had to ruin everyone's life. Henry would have been a cold blooded murder if he did that and that would not have been hot. But still, I like the idea. It was funny at the time. I also agree Sam, Henry should stick to seducing, it's what he does best :)

message 40: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments If seducing is what you think Henry should stick with, what makes you think he'll stick with Diana??

message 41: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Because he loves her. He seduces women but he also has love in his deep complicated heart. He has pretty much stopped having sex with women execpt his wife=
(***SPOILERS****)Penelope and his lover= Diana. I just said that because he is good at it and he is a bad boy. I was joking. I would never date a guy who loves me but haves sex with everyone

message 42: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanthan) well.. i mean his bad boyishness is part of his appeal! But I think the series has shown Henry maturing and he really fell in love with Diana. Sure, he messed up with Penelope in Envy, but it wasn't entirely his fault. #1 He was drunk. Henry has a serious drinking problem! If they had it back then, he should join AA. #2 He has an awful father! The man who raised him was to busy to be much of a father and didn't treat him any values. If he was raised differently he wouldn't have all these problems. I will always love Henry best. I can't help it. There's just something about him that makes me love him.

message 43: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments I feel like we're talking in circles. Samantha, you gave excellent points. Props for that. But that leads me into another point: why would you want to be with a man who messes with other women when he's drunk and an alcoholic? Statistically speaking, he's probably drunk a fair amount of the time, so that leans credit to the "player" characterization.

And I don't condone drinking at any age. I've seen its effects after years of beers and it's not pretty. Is that what Diana wants to look at 40-50 years down the line, whether she loves him or not?

message 44: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i love this series i love henry, and teddy

message 45: by Courtney (new)

Courtney i like teddy too,

SPOILERS ALERT
since will died, i wanted lizzie to be with teddy. they make a good couple

message 46: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) I agree with you Courtney, I think Elizabeth and Teddy would make a good couple too! :)

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 35 comments poor Will but i do like Teddy.

message 48: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Teddy is great. So I was upset when he told Henry he was joining the army. To tell you the truth I was saying, "Oh NO teddy, don't give Henry any ideas."
Then the ending happend! I was right. Henry did go and break all of our hearts! He left almost every reader's hearts aching and worried about his saftey and his love with Diana!

message 49: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Mackenzie wrote: "I agree with you Courtney, I think Elizabeth and Teddy would make a good couple too! :)"

yup me too and dont you think there is something fishy with her new husband (forgot his name lol)

message 50: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Yeah, Snowden is sketchy. Samantha thought of this theory that maybe since he was the only one who new about Elizabeth and Will out of the family then he called the cops. Then he gave them all that money for their house to cozy up to them. Then he asked Elizbeth to marry him. All along he just wanted Elizabeth. So over all, he's EVIL. We think....

« previous 1 3 4

Gorgeous Guys, Beautiful Books, and Occasional...

unread topics | mark unread