Get Graphic discussion

The Adventures of Rabbi Harvey: A Graphic Novel of Jewish Wisdom and Wit in the Wild West
This topic is about The Adventures of Rabbi Harvey
Book Discussions > #21 - The Adventures of Rabbi Harvey

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Andréa (fernandie) | 895 comments This is the discussion thread for The Adventures of Rabbi Harvey: A Graphic Novel of Jewish Wisdom and Wit in the Wild West.

If you're going to discuss anything that might be spoiler-y for those who haven't finished the book yet, please use the handy spoiler feature, which hides spoilers:
< spoiler > ... < / spoiler > (Remove the spaces to use.) The spoiler-y information goes in-between, and will be hidden until people click through to it.

message 2: by Ed (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ed Erwin It was cute, but not much more for me.

Basically, the author combines two things that he personally liked reading about as a kid, Jewish folklore and westerns, and combines them. Since neither of those was ever my own personal favorite, it doesn't appeal to me as much as to someone with those interests. But it was good and could certainly be fun for some people.

I am pleased that this book introduced me to this author, because his non-fiction (some aimed at young people) is interesting.

message 3: by Russell (new) - added it

Russell | 68 comments I had a very hard time finding this book through my library so I went ahead and bought it. I am glad I did because I enjoyed it very much. Rabbi Harvey has a very goofy but clever sense of humor which I found most appealing. I like stories where people use their wits to one-up someone and win the day. I will be trying to locate other books in the Rabbi Harvey series now.

Andréa (fernandie) | 895 comments Russell wrote: "I had a very hard time finding this book through my library so I went ahead and bought it. I am glad I did because I enjoyed it very much. Rabbi Harvey has a very goofy but clever sense of humor wh..."

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Russell! I wasn't much of a fan, but I did appreciate the unique combination of the Old West and Jewish folk lore.